Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Not many TP posts (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=290526)

Supern 07-11-2005 08:37 AM

Not many TP posts

Guys it would be nice to see a some TP hands posted.
Every post seem to be about pocket pairs.

I am planning on playing 6max NL so top pair will be the main concern.

Maulik 07-11-2005 09:07 AM

Re: Not many TP posts

[ QUOTE ]
Guys it would be nice to see a some TP hands posted.
Every post seem to be about pocket pairs.

I am planning on playing 6max NL so middle pair will be the main concern.

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP

Ghazban 07-11-2005 09:29 AM

Post some hands where you had TP and didn't like your line (because you lost too much or didn't win enough or folded when maybe you shouldn't have or whatever).

Supern 07-11-2005 10:06 AM

Hehe. True.

TheWorstPlayer 07-11-2005 10:17 AM

TP is the hardest hand to play in NL. It is also the easiest hand to play in SSNL. That's because you just bet the pot on the flop, 2/3 pot on the turn, and half pot on the river. You fold to any raise. There, have fun!

Supern 07-11-2005 11:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Just bet the pot on the flop, 2/3 pot on the turn, and half pot on the river. You fold to any raise

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you do this OOP as well?
Seems a bit too simplistic this approach.

TheWorstPlayer 07-11-2005 11:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Do you do this OOP as well?

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes
[ QUOTE ]

Seems a bit too simplistic this approach.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes

Ghazban 07-11-2005 11:06 AM

At small stakes, simplistic (aka ABC poker) is profitable. Its not always optimal but the gray areas are situation-specific. TWP's line is a good default to take against an unknown in these games.

Go_Blue88 07-11-2005 11:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
At small stakes, simplistic (aka ABC poker) is profitable. Its not always optimal but the gray areas are situation-specific. TWP's line is a good default to take against an unknown in these games.

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't play with a formula...there is no "good default line" in my opinion. You'll never improve if you do this.

TheWorstPlayer 07-11-2005 11:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't play with a formula...there is no "good default line" in my opinion. You'll never improve if you do this.

[/ QUOTE ]
This is just not true. Your opponents are formulaic and predictable. So you should find the formula which is counter to theirs and use it. Once your opponents stop being predictable, you will have to stop being predictable, too. That point has not yet been reached by me. Except in my brutal live game, I guess. Freaking least profitable SSNL game ever. Bah.