Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Internet Gambling (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   To you in London and England (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=287942)

VinnyTheFish 07-07-2005 06:02 AM

To you in London and England

Just got news about buses & underground. Hope you and yours are ok. You guys are in our prayers!

Vinny

Toddster18 07-07-2005 06:19 AM

Re: To you in London and England

I'd like to second the kind words.

Not to hijack or anything, but while cnn.com and google aren't suggesting it . . . (And I hate to be the one to suggest it) . . . I've got to imagine this is an organized terrorist attack - "blast explosions on multiple buses throughout the city at approximately the same time" - just seems too fishy to me.

Here's to hoping no more madness ensues. We need more peace in this world.

-Todd

El Barto 07-07-2005 06:23 AM

About 15 years ago I took my first trip to London. I took the tube and was amused by the quaint wooden escalators they were using in the station.

The very next morning one of these wooden escltors caught fire and killed a bunch of people. No more wooden escalators. London has moved into the 21st century and is ready for another Olympics. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

stigmata 07-07-2005 06:36 AM

Oh well, back to the good old days of the 70's and 80's I guess... [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

axioma 07-07-2005 06:36 AM

wow. i was tucked up in bed while all this was happening.

the BBC are saying its "almost certainly" the work of Al-Qeada.

Hope everyone is OK.

stigmata 07-07-2005 06:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
About 15 years ago I took my first trip to London. I took the tube and was amused by the quaint wooden escalators they were using in the station.

The very next morning one of these wooden escltors caught fire and killed a bunch of people. No more wooden escalators. London has moved into the 21st century and is ready for another Olympics. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

You could also smoke on the underground at the time. Fire + wooden escalator..... hmmmmn

LSUfan1 07-07-2005 08:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Just got news about buses & underground. Hope you and yours are ok. You guys are in our prayers!

Vinny

[/ QUOTE ]

Ditto!

JoePro 07-07-2005 08:54 AM

The "Secret Organization group of al-Qaeda of Jihad in Europe" has claimed responsibility.

This totally blows. Hope everyone is fine.

Sasnak 07-07-2005 09:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The "Secret Organization group of al-Qaeda of Jihad in Europe" has claimed responsibility.

This totally blows. Hope everyone is fine.

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't worry, the ACLU will come to their aid if they are caught. We wouldn't want to violate any of their 'rights', now would we???

Here's hoping all of England decides to clean house. Anyone feel like protecting a border?

Fitz 07-07-2005 09:55 AM

I think we forget what a tough bunch the Brits are. They survived the blitz and held off the Nazis virtually single handed during the battle of Britain.

God save the Queen,

Fitz