Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Internet Gambling (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Poker stamina for multiple table players (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=287034)

Uglyowl 07-05-2005 11:30 PM

Poker stamina for multiple table players

How do you handle the mental fatigue that sets in. For me it seems to go down hill after 1.25 hours of playing many tables.

Ideas I have batted around is reducing the number as the time wears on. Taking a half hour break in between.

Does your stamina improve as time goes on?

Seems like a silly question, but I am serious. Every mistake adds up.

OrcaDK 07-05-2005 11:50 PM

Re: Poker stamina for multiple table players

In my experience, i'm not playing optimally within the first 30-60 minutes, i need some warm up time. After this i'm hot. I haven't really reached a point were mental fatigue kicks in, the bad beat tilt usually takes care of this.

Nathan183 07-06-2005 12:02 AM

I can play 4 tables for 6+ hours without too much difficulty. I've never tried more than this. I find it helps to do something else, watch TV, surf the net, etc. while playing. This probably isn't possible with more than 4 tables.

JKratzer 07-06-2005 12:16 AM

I set my bot's stamina level for 99 so he's good to go for days at a time.

JKratzer

CrazyN8 07-06-2005 12:29 AM

I find meth. does the trick!

Derek132260 07-06-2005 12:33 AM

As funny as some of these answers are...here's a serious one.

I play 3-4 tables at a time, and I usually do so in 2hr. increments. I find that after 2 hours of this, I'm usually just a bit monitor-logged. So I take 20-30 mins. of break, and then hit it again.

But if for you it's 1.25 hours (how many actual minutes is that?), then take a break then. As the poker itself becomes easier, your mental fatigue will not set in quite as quickly. Also, make sure you're sitting comfortably and looking at a nice monitor (or two). That will help you as well.

Hope this helps.

SmileyEH 07-06-2005 12:36 AM

cocaine's a hella of a drug

-SmileyEH

fire_fly 07-06-2005 12:37 AM

If you're wearing out after a little over an hour, something is wrong.

If you're tired, try an energy drink. Rockstar is great. Sobe new one is good too.

If your mind wanders, focus on strategy. Ever decision can be either ev+ or -. Try hard to win more money.

On the same note, check out an odds chart. Calculate your odds on every call to make sure you are getting correct odds. I have mine right next to my desk where I play. Keeps me entertained.

The most I've ever played was 14 hours pretty much straight through, and that was 2 tabling .25/.50 with overlapping tables.

I normally can play 4-6 hours with no problems (ie tired, bored, etc.) Just try switching something up and see if that helps.

Uglyowl 07-06-2005 12:42 AM

I wear out 8 tabling after about 1 hour 15minutes or so.

I really need a 2001fp, that would get rid of the clicking around needlessly seeing if I am up on one of the monitors. That is a great suggestion.

When 8 tabling, I begin to become robotic and miss some stuff I shouldn't be.

OrcaDK 07-06-2005 12:49 AM

You might wanna check out this post.