Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro-Limits (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   QTs in CO: Help (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=236876)

polley 04-21-2005 05:11 PM

QTs in CO: Help

Honestly I was stuck this whole hand. While I was playing it I felt I was playing correctly, but looking back I don't know if any of it was correct.

1/2 Full Tilt (9-handed) no reads.

Hero is in CO with Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]10 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

1 Fold,UTG+1 Raises, MP1 Calls, MP2 Calls, 1 Fold, Hero Calls, Button Folds, SB Folds, BB Calls

Flop:7 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

BB Checks, UTG+1 Bets, MP1 Folds,MP2 Calls, Hero Calls, BB Folds

Turn: 6 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

UTG+1 Bets, MP2 Calls, Hero Calls

River is irrelevant, becuase if I make the hand I bet/raise and if I miss I fold. My real questions is: is any of this ok?

Thanks for the help.

CC

jrz1972 04-21-2005 05:15 PM

Re: QTs in CO: Help

1. Fold preflop.

2. Getting ~12:1, I suppose the flop call is okay if you don't think it will get raised behind you. The fact that you're not closing the action and you're drawing to a straight with a possible flush draw also out pushes this to a fold for me.

3. The turn is fine, obviously.

_bustedflush_ 04-21-2005 05:19 PM

There are enough callers (and chance for the button) to get me to think about this cold call, but I would probably fold preflop.

Once in the hand, I would play the same.

moose47 04-21-2005 05:19 PM

I would just fold this preflop. My stats tell me coldcalling preflop is a leak for me and it's hands like this that are the reason.

You are getting about 14:1 on the flop with a gutshot straight and backdoor flush draw. Easy call in my opinion.

Turn is also standard given that you picked up the flush draw.

deception5 04-21-2005 05:33 PM

Preflop cold call here is probably ok with a raiser and 3, likely 4 callers already.

On the flop you have a gunshot and a backdoor flush draw for 3.5 + 1.5 = 5 outs, so around a 12% chance (1:7 odds). After the bet, the pot is giving you 1:12.5 - a clear call and not enough equity to consider raising.

The turn is about as good as it gets (aside from making your hand) bringing you to 9 flush outs and now a double gutshot as an 8 or a J gives you a straight. You have around 9 flush outs and around another 5 straight outs. 14 outs give or take gives you a 30% chance or so to make your hand. Probably not enough of an edge to raise but a clear call as you have huge pot odds here and are dragging this pot almost a third of the time.

River is standard like you said.

Hope this helps!
D5

IsaacW 04-21-2005 05:38 PM

The preflop cold-call is OK; you're not going to find many better situations for a cold-call. Then, you are getting 12:1 on the flop with three outs to the nuts and one to a nut straight, plus a backdoor flush draw. This hand is probably worth around 4 outs on the flop, so call. Turn is a clear call.

xLukex 04-21-2005 05:39 PM

I would have probably folded this preflop, unless I was certain the 3 players behind me would call.

After that, it seems you did a good job on the flop and turn.

If you had reads on SB and BB and definitely thought they would both call, I can justify a cold call here.

popeye18 04-21-2005 05:41 PM

For me playing this preflop would depend alot on the table. If its a loose table postflop where players will call down with middle pair and pay off then id tend to call. If its a tight table post flop and the players tend to play well then id dump it preflop. Without any reads id tend to fold it.

polley 04-21-2005 05:52 PM

It seems the consensus is to just fold this PF, which I think was my biggest question mark.

So, two questions:

1. How many people do I "want" to be in to call this, or do I not want to call this period?

2. If the pot wasn't raised, but the same amount of people just limped in is this a definite call, or still a fold fearing a raise?(I know this isn't even close to the same situation but it just popped into my mind)

It's hard admitting you don't know anything [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]. I feel helpless with a hand like this PF. Thanks again for the help.

CC

xLukex 04-21-2005 05:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It seems the consensus is to just fold this PF, which I think was my biggest question mark.

So, two questions:

1. How many people do I "want" to be in to call this, or do I not want to call this period?

2. If the pot wasn't raised, but the same amount of people just limped in is this a definite call, or still a fold fearing a raise?(I know this isn't even close to the same situation but it just popped into my mind)

It's hard admitting you don't know anything [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]. I feel helpless with a hand like this PF. Thanks again for the help.

CC

[/ QUOTE ]

This is one of those hands that works better multiway. I would play this in a nice loose game with 65%+ seeing the flop.

You might fold this hand simply because it doesn't play well shorthanded. You certainly wouldn't fold fearing a raise though, you have the blinds still to act.