Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Pope Receives Last Rites (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=223633)

Mansavage 03-31-2005 05:57 PM

Pope Receives Last Rites

I've had this guy in my death pool each of the last three years. He decides to check out the one year I pass over him. Dammit.
link

mmbt0ne 03-31-2005 05:59 PM

Re: Pope Receives Last Rites

[img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Chairman Wood 03-31-2005 06:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I've had this guy in my death pool each of the last three years. He decides to check out the one year I pass over him. Dammit.

[/ QUOTE ]
As it says in the article last rites don't necessarily mean you are dying. My brother received last rites when he broke his leg when he was 14.

Edge34 03-31-2005 06:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
As it says in the article last rites don't necessarily mean you are dying. My brother received last rites when he broke his leg when he was 14.

[/ QUOTE ]

I could be way off here, but don't you think that's just a little overkill?

Chairman Wood 03-31-2005 06:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I could be way off here, but don't you think that's just a little overkill?

[/ QUOTE ] \
Yeah, that's my point, they do this all the time. Anytime I've been around a priest that was visiting someone when they are sick they give last rites. They do this regardless if they are just sick/injured or really in danger of losing their life.

moondogg 03-31-2005 06:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It doesn't mean that you are dying, but it does mean that everybody expects that you are going to be pretty dead pretty soon.

Your brother did not receive the Catholic Last Rights for a broken leg. Either that wasn't the whole story, or it wasn't the last rights, or it wasn't Catholic.

istewart 03-31-2005 06:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
My brother received last rites when he broke his leg when he was 14.

[/ QUOTE ]

ROFL

Chairman Wood 03-31-2005 06:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Your brother did not receive the Catholic Last Rights for a broken leg. Either that wasn't the whole story, or it wasn't the last rights, or it wasn't Catholic.

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm not going to argue with you about this. I've witnessed "Catholic Last Rites" given several times in my life. 70% of those times the person wasn't dying anytime soon. I understand what it is supposed to mean. I have just seen it overdone and overused in practice a lot of times. That was my point in posting the story.

Beerfund 03-31-2005 06:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm not going to argue with you about this. I've witnessed "Catholic Last Rites" given several times in my life. 70% of those times the person wasn't dying anytime soon. I understand what it is supposed to mean. I have just seen it overdone and overused in practice a lot of times. That was my point in posting the story.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is true, I recieved the last rites when I was 5 and fell off the slide, and I'm Babtist. [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

Chairman Wood 03-31-2005 06:28 PM

Was it given by a Catholic Priest?