Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Two missed AK hands against LAGs (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=219886)

Tilt 03-25-2005 12:35 PM

Two missed AK hands against LAGs

This LAG was very irritating with moves like these....

100NL blinds .5-1

Hero is button with stack of 107
LAG is MP3 with 110

Hero is dealt A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

Folds to LAG who limps, folds to hero who raises to 12, LAG calls.

Flop 7 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]2 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]3 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

LAG goes all in, its 95 to me and I fold.

2nd hand, different but similar LAG this time

I have 140 on the button
LAG has 212 in BB

Dealth A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3 limpers, I make it 15, only LAG calls

Flop 10 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]7 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]4 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

LAG checks, I bet 30, LAG min raises to 60, I push, he folds

Comments?

kongo_totte 03-25-2005 12:57 PM

Re: Two missed AK hands against LAGs

What's with the huge PF-raises?

stankybank 03-25-2005 01:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
100NL blinds .5-1

[/ QUOTE ]

with blinds this small, is this your standard raise or were you just raising x12BB's against this player?

Tilt 03-25-2005 01:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
100NL blinds .5-1

[/ QUOTE ]

with blinds this small, is this your standard raise or were you just raising x12BB's against this player?

[/ QUOTE ]

Its player dependent. I know hes calling with almost any two cards.

stankybank 03-25-2005 01:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
100NL blinds .5-1

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Its player dependent. I know hes calling with almost any two cards.

[/ QUOTE ]

with any 2, couldn't he have hit the flop on the second hand and wouldn't lay it down BECAUSE he is a LAG? I don't like the push after mini-raise. you're only gonna get called by something that beats you, even top pair/weak kicker.

TakeMeToTheRiver 03-25-2005 01:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. At a $0.50/$1 game, these raises are way out of line... if that is the way the game is playing, you are playing with a very short stack.

If you are only raising this much because you know the LAG will call, I think that is very bad. He knows that he is getting you agitated. The LAG is probably reading you well and knows he can knock you off your two-big-card hand if low cards flop (in the first hand).

Tilt 03-25-2005 01:45 PM

Well im pretty sure he has something like 97 on that 2nd hand when I made the raise. And I am sure he can fold a middle pair. His min c/r was like he was just asking me whether I had an OP or a missed AK and I was pretty sure he would buy my response. He could also have had a draw (89) with that play, in which case I think getting all-in is correct.

Tilt 03-25-2005 01:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. At a $0.50/$1 game, these raises are way out of line... if that is the way the game is playing, you are playing with a very short stack.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't see why....elaborate....if I know I am way ahead of this villain, why not get in a big raise now? Granted the first one is rather huge, but the 2nd one is only 8% of my stack. And my image is very tight aggressive, so any of the thinking players at the table will put me on AK/AQ, JJ-AA. So I will have a good read on their action if they call or limp-reraise.

kurto 03-25-2005 01:50 PM

"Its player dependent. I know hes calling with almost any two cards." So... why not make a normal raise (4-5bb) and wait to see if you hit?

Tilt 03-25-2005 01:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
"Its player dependent. I know hes calling with almost any two cards." So... why not make a normal raise (4-5bb) and wait to see if you hit?

[/ QUOTE ]

Cause I wont get paid very well if I hit. I have to get paid preflop. He'll fold to a heavy broadway board.