Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   How taboo is it to switch up beers at a bar? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=177293)

pshreck 01-14-2005 09:03 PM

How taboo is it to switch up beers at a bar?

I've only been 21 for about 8 months, but have been going to bars for those 8 months more than frequently.

I've noticed that it seems weird to change beer orders in the middle of the night. A few times I have been at an Irish pint night (2 bucks for Irish draughts), and have switched from Guinness to Smithwicks about 5 drinks in, and the bartender looked at me confused when I didnt stick with my first few drinks.

A few other times I switched from bud light to Coors light. In cases like those, it has nothing to do with taste, just I occasionally like to mix things up.

So... my friend asks me why I often switch up beer drinks, and I have no good answer. I have to agree with him though, no one else ever seems to do it, and bartenders seem to be miffed by it.

I just went to Montreal and only ordered Labatts for about 4 days, and it was great.

So.... why is it so weird to switch up beer orders?

BottlesOf 01-14-2005 09:09 PM

Re: How taboo is it to switch up beers at a bar?

[censored] that, halfway through the night, I usually don't even remember what I'm drinking, and if I do, I may wanna try something else. I say not taboo at all.

The bartender is miffed by you ordering a different beer? Hmmn, sounds like a well adjusted guy/girl.

TimM 01-14-2005 09:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
bartenders seem to be miffed by it

[/ QUOTE ]

How is your tipping?

pshreck 01-14-2005 09:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[censored] that, halfway through the night, I usually don't even remember what I'm drinking, and if I do, I may wanna try something else. I say not taboo at all.

The bartender is miffed by you ordering a different beer? Hmmn, sounds like a well adjusted guy/girl.

[/ QUOTE ]

It has actually happened twice, both times by a pseudo-hot 30 year old bartenders. Both times they were like "another guiness?" and Im like, "no, Ill have a Harp" or something... and they give me this weird look like I should go straight to hell.

Tosh 01-14-2005 09:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

How is your tipping?

[/ QUOTE ]

OMG you guys tip bartenders? WTF is wrong with your country and tipping?!?!?

pshreck 01-14-2005 09:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

How is your tipping?

[/ QUOTE ]

Pretty strict dollar per drink, unless the bartender does something stupid like gives me only 5 dollar bills as change.

stabn 01-14-2005 09:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]

OMG you guys tip bartenders? WTF is wrong with your country and tipping?!?!?

[/ QUOTE ]

If it moves we tip it.

ilya 01-14-2005 09:23 PM

The only thing I can think of is that it makes the bartender's job harder on busy nights because she has to pay attention to you more than once.

I don't think you really need to worry about it though. Switch at your leisure!

BottlesOf 01-14-2005 09:27 PM

You DON'T tip bartenders?!?!?

Do you tip cabbies? Who do you tip?

Tosh 01-14-2005 09:30 PM

I tip a hot waitress who I think I may have a chance with. Other than that, not much, maybe a pizza dude when I'm stoned but noone else.

Cabbies? Bartenders? Dealers? You must be joking.