Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Short Small Stakes Quiz II (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=162406)

Sarge85 12-15-2004 03:43 PM

Short Small Stakes Quiz II

Party $2/$4 table.
Notes/Reads on table are included in the questions...

1)You’re dealt J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] in the BB. Three people limp in, and the CO raises. The button and the SB call and you come along as well – the limpers call also.

The flop comes 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

The SB checks, and you check to see what action develops. It is checked to the CO who bets, the Button folds the SB calls and you check-raise. One of the limpers calls.

Of the following turn cards – which one do you lead out with? (regardless of the turn card-the SB will check)

Rank from best to worst the cards you like to see on the turn. – and list your turn action.

A. 7 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
B. 2 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
C. Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
D. T [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
E. N/A I check fold this flop

2. You hold K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] in Middle Position. You raise one loose limper and all the players behind you save the button fold. The blinds both fold. You glance at your gametime window and notice the following numbers for the button. 24% VP$IP, 8% PFR, 52% W%SD.

Rank from best to worst the following flops – indicate your action

A. 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
B. A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
C. 3 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
D. A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

3.You are UTG +1 holding 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. UTG has opened raise. Which of the following players would you three bet with? Indicate if you 3 Bet, Fold, or Call. (Generally at the table at least two people will cold call)

Poker Tracker Shows

A: 31% VP$IP, 4% PFR, 52% W%SD.
B: 20% VP$IP, 8% PFR, 55% W%SD.
C: 19% VP$IP, 2% PFR, 48% W%SD.
D 45% VP$IP, 17% PFR, 50% W%SD.
E 15% VP$IP, 9% PFR, 52% W%SD.

4)Same as Question 3, but now you hold A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

Poker Tracker Shows

A: 31% VP$IP, 4% PFR, 52% W%SD.
B: 20% VP$IP, 8% PFR, 55% W%SD.
C: 19% VP$IP, 2% PFR, 48% W%SD.
D 45% VP$IP, 17% PFR, 50% W%SD.
E 15% VP$IP, 9% PFR, 52% W%SD.

Victor 12-15-2004 04:10 PM

Re: Short Small Stakes Quiz II

Question 1

A. 2
B. 4
C. 1 (best)
D. 3

Lead with all of them.

Question 2
Bet if checked to every time

A. 3
B. 2
C. 4
D. 1 (best)

Question 3.

If 2 people will coldcall I am never folding here. (I love pocket pairs). I am 3betting D for sure. I can see 3betting B and E but I think calling is better.

Question 4.

Same answer as 3 but I am definitely only 3betting the maniac.

ArchAngel71857 12-15-2004 04:39 PM

I.d say:

B, D, A, C, E. lead out with all.

B, D, A, C. Lead out with all, but give up fast with A and C.

a - cold call.
b - fold
c - fold
d - 3 bet
e - fold

then
a - 3 bet
b - cold call
c - fold
d - three bet
e - fold
-AA

prairieboy 12-15-2004 04:51 PM

1. B D A C - bet out with all of them
2. B D C A - bet out with all of them
3. A - call, B - 3 bet, C - fold, D - 3bet, E - call
4. A - fold, B - call, C - fold, D - 3 bet, E - fold

ErrantNight 12-15-2004 04:53 PM

Hand 1: c/r this? i think i may be seriously undervaluing my hand in situations like this... i don't fold, but i either bet out or check/call, here...

anyway, 1-B, 2-D, 3-A, 4-C
the 2 tosses me 11 outs, is unlikely to have helped any of my opponents, keeps my had well disguised... if I was ahead, I'm still ahead only with more outs to improve, if I was behind, I've, um, well I've got more outs to improve

The T opens up 8 potential outs, but lands an overcard to my pair, opens up the possibility of a higher straight, leading to a chance of reverse domination. I still think the additional outs outweigh the potential negatives, but is the chance to lose a LOT when I'm behind now increased? especially considering when a K or 8 falls, a J is not a terribly unlikely holding to have.

With the 7, I'm likely right where I was on the flop (unlikely to have improved my opponents hand), but i've also counterfeited my two-pair outs, and am drawing to just 2 outs if someone has a queen.

That said, perhaps the Q is better for me than a 7. It leaves me way ahead or way behind, but is a scare card (might fold a better, uh, 9?), and makes it less likely that someone is actually holding a Q.

I (think) these last two are close.

HAND 2:

Doesn't the limper act before us? isn't his action on each of these boards under consideration? or is he auto-checking each of these to us?

I think this reminds me a lot of the last quiz. Four marginal boards close enough in badness that short of doing some serious background work on the statistics I'm never going to know for sure. I like C first. It's unlikely to hit my loose limper pal, my overcard outs and backdoor flush draw are likely good. i'm behind to an A, but with this guy I likely need to improve if he's gonna call me down? so I don't quite know. From there, hazy. B? More outs (is this better than C?), the nut straight and the nut flush, more likely to be behind, not necessarily terribly likely to be in danger of redraws, but the paired board potentially defeats both my draws. Really not sure how to discount this one, especially since I don't know if my overcard outs are good. The most potential as a serious cash cow for me, but I think could be reverse dominated here easily. I have a feeling D should be ranked higher than I have it (and that C lower), as it's the only made hand I have. Singleton hearts kill me and he isn't folding one, which slightly discounts my redraw if i'm behind to an A... but it's the only pot I have a hand in. I think I outthink myself in these quizzes. Which leads us to A. I've got overcard outs and the flush outs, but if he has an A, he has me beat, has the deuce outs and his overcard if I hit, assuming i'm not already behind. I think I'm probably wrong to devalue this hand so much if I value C so highly. Can't wait to see what the mathemeticians make of all this.

3+4) I'm spinning my wheels on this one, raise D on both, but will 2 people cold call if I 3-bet, or just call? I think if I'm playing against any of these guys I'm raising... but I obviously get out against C in both cases (rock), and probably against B (TAG? a lil too loose?), E's even tighter but slightly more aggressive (so, uh, more TAGgy)... I really don't know whether to toss in the muck or try to bring a few along w/ either. No clue. I'm inclined to fold. And yet... A's raising standards are higher than B or E, and seems more likely to be a LAG from those stats on later streets, so I might be able to make up more when they overplay a hand? Still, even with position, against either TAG or someone with high raising standards, I can't really figure my hand is good. I'm inclined to muck these. Not sure if the "guaranteed" presence of cold-callers behind me filling the pot with dead money is enough to make up for the fact that I'm likely behind, they fish behind me could hit, and I've only got position on the PFR... so it'll be hard for me to get to showdown if I hit a marginal hand.

I'm talking in circles, I really just want to know what everyone else thinks.

LImitPlayer 12-15-2004 05:05 PM

1) 2 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
10 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
7 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Lead the turn with all

2) c a b d
Lead the turn with all

3) A) Fold B) Call C) Fold D) Raise E) Fold
Lead the turn with b and D

4) Raise everything
Lead with everything

dfscott 12-15-2004 06:00 PM

I've been a bit weak lately, so we'll see how these stack up...

1. B - bet/call
D - bet/call
C - check/fold
A - check/fold

2. C - bet/call
B - bet/call
A - bet/fold
D - bet/fold

3. 3-bet D, fold to the rest

4. 3-bet D, call the rest

Victor 12-15-2004 07:17 PM

The Q is the best card in the first situation. Someone give me a reason why not?

Sarge85 12-15-2004 07:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The Q is the best card in the first situation. Someone give me a reason why not?

[/ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

1)You’re dealt J9 in the BB. Three people limp in, and the CO raises. The button and the SB call and you come along as well – the limpers call also.

The flop comes 9 Q 7

The SB checks, and you check to see what action develops. It is checked to the CO who bets, the Button folds the SB calls and you check-raise. One of the limpers calls.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's why. IMO

Sarge[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

Brunger 12-15-2004 08:56 PM

Question #1 I would check call the flop. Semi-bluff check raise the diamond. bet-fold the queen. Check call the 10.

Question #2 The call probably means he has a pair or two suited broadways. I bet all flops and go from there.

Question #3 fold all three-bet D

#4 fold A & C,call B& E, 3-bet D