Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro-Limits (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Flop decision poll (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=142050)

slimpikkens 10-29-2004 03:28 AM

Flop decision poll

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (10 handed)

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, MP3 calls, CO calls, <font color="666666">2 folds</font>, BB calls, UTG calls.

Flop: (12.50 SB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(6 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero ....

DeuceKicker 10-29-2004 03:31 AM

Re: Flop decision poll

You're going to get about 98% bet, 1% check, and one smart-ass asking for a "fold" choice

ArchonsEngine 10-29-2004 03:58 AM

Flop: (12.50 SB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(6 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero .... </font>

[/ QUOTE ]

Just a heads-up: remember to remove the color tag if you don't want us to figure out that you bet here. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

--ArchonsEngine

Piz0wn0reD!!!!!! 10-29-2004 06:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero .... </font>

[/ QUOTE ]

Just a heads-up: remember to remove the color tag if you don't want us to figure out that you bet here. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

--ArchonsEngine

[/ QUOTE ]
hahahahhaahh roflmfao

jason1990 10-29-2004 09:14 AM

You know, I knew this would be the result. And I don't understand it. People here seem to regard SSH as the "bible" of small stakes holdem. Is betting out in this situation advocated by SSH? Can anyone point me to an example in SSH that illustrates this?

jrz1972 10-29-2004 09:18 AM

I do a lot of autobetting after a pfr, but this is one I would just as soon get away from. I'm not running all 6 opponents out of this hand. I'll call one bet and fold the turn unimproved.

Bez 10-29-2004 09:22 AM

Check. Many in the pot, coordinated board, out of position to get a free card. Betting is too risky.

btspider 10-29-2004 09:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I do a lot of autobetting after a pfr, but this is one I would just as soon get away from. I'm not running all 6 opponents out of this hand. I'll call one bet and fold the turn unimproved.

[/ QUOTE ]

ditto. either people hit their hand or have overcards. you will get likely get called in a lot of places.. someone may raise with a hand or draw. check and fold if its 2 bets to you. if I were closer to the button, I would just check and hope for a free card.

davelin 10-29-2004 10:53 AM

I said check, the reasons to bet would be for -

1) value
2) clean up overcard outs
3) get a free card

None of those apply here. Check/call 1 bet back.

Entity 10-29-2004 10:57 AM

Board texture sucks here. That being said, it also depends on the type of game you're in. I've played in a lot where when I raise preflop and autobet the flop, 90% of the field folds. If I'm in the type of game where they autocall my autobet, I'm checking here, and hoping to see the turn for one bet max.

Readless, I probably autobet, but it's not the best board for it. Like the rest of you, I'm working on dealing with overcard hands.

Rob