Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro-Limits (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   shaking off rust part two (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=127821)

Greg J 09-24-2004 11:22 AM

shaking off rust part two

No individual read -- multi tabling :P. I don't have any respect for anyone at this table though.

Paradise Poker 0.25/0.50 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Greg is SB with T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, MP1 calls, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, CO calls, Button calls, Greg completes, BB checks.

Flop: (5 SB) T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Greg bets</font>, BB calls, MP1 folds, <font color="CC3333">CO raises</font>, Button folds, <font color="CC3333">Greg 3-bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">BB caps</font>, CO calls, Greg calls.

Turn: (8.50 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
Greg checks, <font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, CO calls, Greg calls.

River: (11.50 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
Greg checks, <font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, CO folds, Greg calls.

Final Pot: 13.50 BB

k000k 09-24-2004 11:27 AM

Re: shaking off rust part two

Is there a question? Looks standard / perfectly played to me. You don't need a read here, just put all the $ you can in the middle, your hand is not the stone nutz but it's a hella strong hand.

jar 09-24-2004 11:43 AM

Why slow down? Is it reasonable to fear T6 or T9 here? I'm not saying your play is bad; I'm just a newbie trying to learn.

Greg J 09-24-2004 11:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Why slow down? Is it reasonable to fear T6 or T9 here? I'm not saying your play is bad; I'm just a newbie trying to learn.

[/ QUOTE ]

No actually I think that is a good question. I post this hand b/c I think i screwed it up. I have not been able to play for about a month, so my game is not what is once was.

I'm thinking it would have been proper to bet the turn and THEN slow down if he raises.

DrBob 09-24-2004 11:53 AM

My reaction is the same as jar's, why slow down? Your input would be especially timely to me, because I just moved up to $0.25/$0.50 at Paradise yesterday, from their $0.10/0.20 game. After a small sample of 150 hands I haven't seen clear differences in play, and I wouldn't have slowed down without a read.

Otherwise, I'd sort of be expecting action from the passives who checked JJ or the like, or a single 6, or a worse 10 much more often than finding BB with 66 or T6.

Sent 09-24-2004 11:56 AM

Yeah I see no reason to slow down just yet, you do have top kicker so no need to worry about that, only T6, which is less likely.

-Sent

wuwei 09-24-2004 12:04 PM

I find it hard to believe he flopped a boat, so I don't slow down till after I've bet the turn and been raised. Then, I probably call down...

And regarding other responses, don't forget 66 as another possible monster under the bed.

77rules 09-24-2004 12:35 PM

I don't get it. You cap it on the flop. You have top set, top kicker. I like check raising the turn, I hate check calling. Yes, you may be up against a T6 or T9, but most of the time you won't be. You should take every opportunity to increase the size of this pot.

Entity 09-24-2004 12:58 PM

Yeah, I agree with everyone else. Checkraise the turn and slow down if he 3-bets.

Rob

Jaran 09-25-2004 06:51 PM

Exactly

-Jaran