Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Televised Poker (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   Duke vs Hellmuth (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=126852)

RowdyZ 09-22-2004 12:27 AM

Duke vs Hellmuth

Whatever else happened tonight she owned Phil, the funny thing is he made several good laydowns thinking he was giving up the best hand when she had him, it finally got to much for him. Showing that 9 was classic after he showed a
King. The new and improved Hellmuth sure showed his ass tonight after losing. I wonder what his reaction is going to be when he sees how Annie played him like a fiddle.

RZ

SuitedSixes 09-22-2004 12:29 AM

Re: Duke vs Hellmuth

[ QUOTE ]
I wonder what his reaction is going to be when he sees how Annie played him like a fiddle.

[/ QUOTE ]
I'll bet he'll have to go buy a new TV tomorrow.

Zubillaga 09-22-2004 03:08 PM

Maybe its just me, but I got the impression Phil had an inkling Duke's other card was the K, but played it up like he got took. Nor do I believe he was outplayed, though I think Annie was outstanding.

RowdyZ 09-22-2004 06:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Maybe its just me, but I got the impression Phil had an inkling Duke's other card was the K, but played it up like he got took. Nor do I believe he was outplayed, though I think Annie was outstanding.

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't think he had a clue, Hellmuth does not play things up, he is really that damn much of a whiner. That was classic Phil, not an act, with him what you see is what you get 100%. I have seen him act like that way to many times on TV to believe last night was an act.

RZ

Fingulfin 09-22-2004 06:18 PM

You've seen him act that way countless times. On TV.

As opposed to in person? [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]

Wayfare 09-22-2004 06:20 PM

I bet 50% of helmuth's baby-ing is to sell more books.

If he didn't act the way he did, would one-tenth of the people who know of him now still know of him?

Of course not, and he would be a lot poorer.

Beavis68 09-22-2004 06:33 PM

If I knew just what a jack-off he really was I never would have bought his book. I think having so much time in the spotlight acting like this and not winning is going to work against him, he is turning into a joke.

Willy 09-22-2004 06:45 PM

Annie Rules!!

TheGrifter 09-22-2004 06:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If I knew just what a jack-off he really was I never would have bought his book. I think having so much time in the spotlight acting like this and not winning is going to work against him, he is turning into a joke.

[/ QUOTE ]

YOU BOUGHT HIS BOOK!?!??!

toots 09-22-2004 07:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

YOU BOUGHT HIS BOOK!?!??!

[/ QUOTE ]

How nice for him.

He sold one.