Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Jete's and A-Rod tonight (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=265958)

trying2learn 06-04-2005 07:41 PM

Jete\'s and A-Rod tonight

So Jeter is benched - errrrr, has the night off - and A-Rod is batting 5th.

Maybe it's the line-up that needs fixing, and not the pitching. Come on Yankee fan - you can't be happy with this form of trying to 'fix' the slump can you?

hoopsie44 06-04-2005 07:45 PM

Re: Jete\'s and A-Rod tonight

Yankee pitching has not been all that bad. In the AL you have to score 5-6 runs a game and the Yanks are not doing it. Jeter has been stinking it up the last 2 weeks, but he is bullet proof as far as criticism goes. Easier targets such as A-Rod get the brunt of the boos, even when the guy leads the AL in home runs, rbi's, and runs scored.

trying2learn 06-04-2005 08:13 PM

"Jacque Jones (6) 3 run shot to right off Wang - Ford, Hunter, Jones scored."

Here we go again....

Jake (The Snake) 06-04-2005 08:19 PM

You guys are crazy. Look at the stats. Yanks are 3rd best in the AL in runs scores, 4th worst in pitching. Hitting is certainly not the problem.

masse75 06-04-2005 09:33 PM

DAMMIT...can we just have one stupid [censored] Yankees post?

andyfox 06-05-2005 01:41 AM

Piled up another seven hits.

Young Mr. Wang is their best pitcher right now.

DoubleDown 06-05-2005 02:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Young Mr. Wang is their best pitcher right now.

[/ QUOTE ]

based on consistency- no doubt about it... unfortunately, I can see them shipping him off to a team like Colorado at the deadline for some over-rated Jason Jennings type just for the sake of making a move.

Wang is their only tradeable commodity right now (Cano also- but only if you bring back a 2B, CF, or LF for him in addition to an Arm), but he's seemingly too valuable to give up right now. He's the only starter that has been going out to the mound and consistently delivering a quality start.

I hate it when hysterical fans/media create such an uproarious enviroment surrounding a team ... basically forcing the GM to make a move just to placate the mass' desire to "do something." [See: Aaron Boone for left-hander Brandon Claussen]

hoopsie44 06-05-2005 10:06 AM

Overall, Boone was(and still is) a stiff. But I do recall him getting one pretty big hit.

Jack of Arcades 06-05-2005 10:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Overall, Boone was(and still is) a stiff. But I do recall him getting one pretty big hit.

[/ QUOTE ]

The fact of the matter was that Aaron Boone was in no way an upgrade over Robin Ventura, who went to the Dodgers for peanuts and hit just as well as Aaron.

theredpill7 06-05-2005 10:08 AM

Post deleted by Mat Sklansky