Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Politics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=39)
-   -   What would you do if a draft came? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=313893)

08-12-2005 04:45 PM

What would you do if a draft came?

I'm curious to hear what people on here of DRAFT AGE would do if there was a draft. I think draft age is something like 18-25. If there was a draft tomorrow, what would you do?

For those unintelligent people who read this thread, CO stands for conscientious objector.

08-12-2005 04:46 PM

Re: What would you do if a draft came?

I myself would apply for CO status. If that didn't work, I would try to go to Canada most likely.

TomCollins 08-12-2005 05:04 PM

Start to start a fire, as hell has frozen over.

08-12-2005 05:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Bush wants to invade Iran, and we don't have the troops for it. Substantial numbers of troops will likely remain in Iraq for years to come. Where do we get the manpower? The draft is the only viable option that I see, as recruiting is really suffering.

coffeecrazy1 08-12-2005 05:21 PM

I voted combat role; more likely, I would get non-combat role or a health waiver due to two previous injuries(I'm perfectly healthy, but I don't think they would take the risk on a soldier with a bad back and a bad ankle).

TomCollins 08-12-2005 05:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Bush wants to invade Iran, and we don't have the troops for it. Substantial numbers of troops will likely remain in Iraq for years to come. Where do we get the manpower? The draft is the only viable option that I see, as recruiting is really suffering.

[/ QUOTE ]

Really? News to me. Oh wait, I don't read move-on.org as my source for news.

08-12-2005 06:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Not MoveOn, chickenhawk:

web page

SammyKid11 08-12-2005 06:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Tom...I'm a Democrat. Don't hate me because I'm beautiful. But when people talk about a draft, they should know that at the moment, the only people arguing for it are DEMOCRATS. So, don't assume that because someone is worried about a draft that they see it as Bush's doing.

TomCollins 08-12-2005 06:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Not MoveOn, chickenhawk:

web page

[/ QUOTE ]

Bush refuses to rule out force against Iran = Bush wants to invade Iran ?

I got a link for you: web page

imported_anacardo 08-12-2005 06:44 PM

Where's "renounce my citizenship; found a country on some Pacific island somewhere with the Bounty survivors?"