Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Sporting Events (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   City with the most viewers of the NBA finals minus Detroit and S.A. -> (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=279136)

ClaytonN 06-23-2005 05:44 PM

City with the most viewers of the NBA finals minus Detroit and S.A. ->

...is Atlanta!

We will go to games if the team is worth watching. I can't fathom the prospect of Atlanta having a winning basketball team. BUT, if it ever happened, Phillips Arena would be the absolute sh*t on game nights.

That said, if we get Marvin Williams, Atlanta is gonna be like Chicago's "Baby Bulls", only better.

J.R. 06-23-2005 06:09 PM

Re: City with the most viewers of the NBA finals minus Detroit and S.A

[ QUOTE ]
That said, if we get Marvin Williams, Atlanta is gonna be like Chicago's "Baby Bulls", only without anywhere near as much talent.

[/ QUOTE ]

yoadrians 06-23-2005 06:10 PM

Re: City with the most viewers of the NBA finals minus Detroit and S.A. ->

[ QUOTE ]
...is Atlanta!

We will go to games if the team is worth watching. I can't fathom the prospect of Atlanta having a winning basketball team. BUT, if it ever happened, Phillips Arena would be the absolute sh*t on game nights.

That said, if we get Marvin Williams, Atlanta is gonna be like Chicago's "Baby Bulls", only better.

[/ QUOTE ]

You'll get Starvin' Marvin, because the Bucks are taking that big man from Utah.

Stickmn24 06-23-2005 06:16 PM

I also can't see the Bucks taking anyone other than Andrew Bogut. It's pretty funny how they fired Terry Porter right before the draft, though. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

I have a bad feeling that the Knicks will take a flyer on Salim Stoudamire, but I doubt it will happen.

Jules22 06-23-2005 08:23 PM

atlanta used to go to the playoffs back in the mid nineties, and nobody cared then either. atlanta sports fan are horrible.

Jack of Arcades 06-24-2005 12:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
atlanta used to go to the playoffs back in the mid nineties, and nobody cared then either. atlanta sports fan are horrible.

[/ QUOTE ]

Because the Braves were never consistently in the top 10 in attendance every year. Nope.

Dudd 06-24-2005 02:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Because the Braves were never consistently in the top 10 in attendance every year. Nope.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, probably the second best team in the majors for a decade behind the Yankees, and the esteemed sports town of Atlanta manages to place in the top third of the league. Impressive. I hear you guys were even able to sell most of the good seats to your playoff games too. That deserves a pat on the back.

Jules22 06-24-2005 02:52 AM

i was talking about the HAWKS

Jack of Arcades 06-24-2005 03:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i was talking about the HAWKS

[/ QUOTE ]

You were talking about "Atlanta sports fans."

Jack of Arcades 06-24-2005 03:12 AM

Who the [censored] are "you guys?" I'm from Louisiana where the Saints sell out and nobody goes to see the Hornets. Gee, maybe it's because the Hornets blow and the Saints are actually entertaining!

If Atlanta fans don't give a [censored] about the Hawks, they don't give a [censored] about the Hawks. That doesn't make them horrible - in fact, it makes them intelligent.