Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   How to protect this QQ hand? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=327596)

rydazzle 09-01-2005 01:07 PM

How to protect this QQ hand?

Party Poker (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">6 folds</font>, Hero raises, CO calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB and BB call.

Flop: T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, Hero?

My queens are most likely ahead, do I need to get creative to protect my hand?

Bet: give CO 9:1, BB and UTG may get 10:1/11:1 if callers. Good enough for a heart draw or 2 overcards.

Check: save bet for the turn if checked to me and card is safe (no heart/A or K), gives CO 5:1. Flop check may induce bet from BB or UTG where I'd re-raise, giving CO 3:1 or 7:2.

What's your line?

09-01-2005 01:20 PM

Re: How to protect this QQ hand?

You can't protect it. Bet for value. In addition you might get someone to fold a hand with an ace or a king, which would be great it they're incorrect to do so.

chief444 09-01-2005 01:33 PM

It's a TT3 board. What are you protecting from? Just bet your damn hand. Bet it for...what's that thing called...oh yeah...VALUE.

mdob 09-01-2005 01:34 PM

Checking this flop is absurd. If you want to protect your hand, it's very simple: bet. You should be worried about people with a single overcard to your QQ. Betting out will clearly protect you from those hands.

krishanleong 09-01-2005 01:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Good enough for a heart draw or 2 overcards.

[/ QUOTE ]

A heart draw is always correct to call. If you hand read, you will notice that it is impossible (unlikely) for anyone to have rwo overs. Bet the flop.

Krishan

shant 09-01-2005 01:45 PM

Make like Black Entertainment Television and BET.

BottlesOf 09-01-2005 01:52 PM

It's close between betting and open-folding. Depends on your table image, have you won a lot of pots recently without a showdown?

sfer 09-01-2005 01:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]

What's your line?

[/ QUOTE ]

All-in.

Dagger78 09-01-2005 02:22 PM

You can't protect your hand on the flop here, therefore you MUST bet for value. Otherwise you check and give everyone a free card to beat your vulnerable hand.

Hamlet 09-01-2005 02:29 PM

You may also be raising trip Ts on the turn. You don't want 3 bets going in on the turn. Bet the flop. Bet the turn.

Hearts are going to call no matter what. Don't give a single heart or overcard a free chance to catch.

[ QUOTE ]
Flop check may induce bet from BB or UTG where I'd re-raise, giving CO 3:1 or 7:2.

What's your line?

[/ QUOTE ]