Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Multi-table Tournaments (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   WPT Foxwoods DS: Do you take this deal against Sheets? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=364020)

HoldEmKillah 10-24-2005 12:21 AM

WPT Foxwoods DS: Do you take this deal against Sheets?

HU for the $10k foxwoods event tonight against Sheets. He wanted to give me $5,000 and he would have the seat. Chip lead was tied essentially. Do you take the deal?

Facts:
-I'm dying to win seat to the event
-5k wouldn't inflate my BR by any great means (maybe by 15%)
-I'd be totally sick if I came in 2nd (AGAIN..2nd in wsop mtt a few months back)

I'm not really having 2nd thoughts but damn I want that seat. Just want some feedback here especially from anyone who has some experience playing against him.

10-24-2005 12:25 AM

Re: WPT Foxwoods DS: Do you take this deal against Sheets?

If the money doesn't mean much to you then it's a no brainer.. money comes and goes, but playing at a WPT event is something you can remember

nthn2fancy 10-24-2005 12:49 AM

whatd u do?

HoldEmKillah 10-24-2005 12:52 AM

I chopped it. Someone else said to me after "I definitely would not risk 5k playing sheets headsup, even if it was only 1/25th of my bankroll." He had a good point. I wouldn't either. Although I'm confident in my skills I'm very rusty on Mtt's.

mtdoak 10-24-2005 01:01 AM

Whats 2nd place?

LearnedfromTV 10-24-2005 01:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I chopped it. Someone else said to me after "I definitely would not risk 5k playing sheets headsup, even if it was only 1/25th of my bankroll." He had a good point. I wouldn't either. Although I'm confident in my skills I'm very rusty on Mtt's.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, this was my thought - don't know who sheets is but anyone who's got the cash to make the offer at the very least has a deeper bankroll than you and is probably more comfortable playing what is basically a 5K freezeout. If you really really want the seat I bet you can get it with 5K by trying again.

nthn2fancy 10-24-2005 01:15 AM

good decision, sheets is one of the best obviously.

SumZero 10-24-2005 03:48 AM

For non-professional poker players might there be tax reasons to prefer a seat to $10K. So might a 50-50 on a seat be worth more than $5K? If you thought you were outclassed heads-up and thought $5K was more valuable to you that is your choice.

10-24-2005 03:52 AM

If you respect Sheets' game, take the deal.

If you really want a seat you can now have it for a mere $5K more. (Same as Sheets paid.)

Yeti 10-24-2005 06:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If you respect Sheets' game, take the deal.

If you really want a seat you can now have it for a mere $5K more. (Same as Sheets paid.)

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed. Seems like a no-brainer.