Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Politics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=39)
-   -   Easy solution to captured enemy prisoners (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=394274)

BillUCF 12-08-2005 03:39 PM

Easy solution to captured enemy prisoners

There is only one rule in war. There are no rules.

Stop taking prisoners. Shoot them on the battlefield. As a former USAF member I vowed I would never be captured. In the Middle East during the first Gulf War I told myself I would rather die fighting than be captured. I am sure at least 99% of U.S. military members think the same way.

JackWhite 12-08-2005 03:41 PM

Re: Easy solution to captured enemy prisoners

Seriously? Just shoot everyone instead of taking prisoners. I do not see how that would do anything but result in more dead Americans, either there or here.

BCPVP 12-08-2005 03:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Stop taking prisoners. Shoot them on the battlefield. As a former USAF member I vowed I would never be captured. In the Middle East during the first Gulf War I told myself I would rather die fighting than be captured. I am sure at least 99% of U.S. military members think the same way.

[/ QUOTE ]
I think it's +ev to take prisoners. Especially in the type of war that we're in.

CollinEstes 12-08-2005 03:53 PM

Yeah this probably good since history has taught us that POWs never make it out and never go on to lead successful lives. Oh wait.

cardcounter0 12-08-2005 03:55 PM

Wow. I suddenly feel stupider reading this post. Gives me a better understanding of how Idiot Boy Bush got elected.

12-08-2005 04:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Stop taking prisoners. Shoot them on the battlefield.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Please, Cola! Please develop some sort of * rule!

[/ QUOTE ]

Arnfinn Madsen 12-08-2005 04:10 PM

When you have sunk so deep, no reason to stop digging. Go on!

HopeydaFish 12-08-2005 04:12 PM

So do you shoot them as they come walking towards you with waving white flags with their hands in the air? Or do you make them dig their own graves first, then shoot them in the back of the head?

Of course, once your enemies realize that you aren't taking prisoners, they'll inevitably end up always fighting maniacally to the death...which will result in many more casualties on *both* sides. Not to mention the fact that your enemies won't show any mercy towards your soldiers when soldiers on your side are captured.

Oh, and I'm calling BS on you ever being part of the USAF. The Luftwaffe maybe.

deadmoney98 12-08-2005 04:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is not actually correct. See, for example, the Geneva Conventions.

Arnfinn Madsen 12-08-2005 04:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

When are you going to realize the reason you have lost this war is because you broke the rules? Your rulebreaking caused you to lose support of those who would be able to win this war as you never were and never will be able to win alone.