Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Kung Fu Hustle (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=233781)

Blarg 04-16-2005 06:24 PM

Kung Fu Hustle

Anyone seen it yet? It's by the guy who did Shaolin Soccer, which is pretty damn funny and imaginative and cool.

I'm wondering if this one came out okay too.

pshreck 04-16-2005 06:25 PM

Re: Kung Fu Hustle

The fighting is great, but American audiences won't be laughing at this. The humor missed me most of the time, I would be like "Oh I was supposed to laugh there, that wasn't really more than mildly funny"

tdarko 04-16-2005 06:26 PM

so don't go see it?

pshreck 04-16-2005 06:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
so don't go see it?

[/ QUOTE ]

Not in theaters, no.

Blarg 04-16-2005 07:11 PM

Okay, thanks.

wonderwes 04-16-2005 09:47 PM

85% fresh on rottentomatoes. That is quite an impressive score

Link

Alobar 04-16-2005 10:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The fighting is great, but American audiences won't be laughing at this. The humor missed me most of the time, I would be like "Oh I was supposed to laugh there, that wasn't really more than mildly funny"

[/ QUOTE ]

How did you see it? It's out in other parts of the world?

I havent decided if it looks like it could be good, or just really dumb.....obviously my impressions are just from the previews tho

pshreck 04-16-2005 10:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I havent decided if it looks like it could be good, or just really dumb.....obviously my impressions are just from the previews tho

[/ QUOTE ]

My girlfriend is asian.

We dumb Americans dont realize you can get access to all these Asian flicks, legally, years before they are released here. Same for Hero, Crouching Tiger, etc...

Alobar 04-16-2005 10:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

My girlfriend is asian.

We dumb Americans dont realize you can get access to all these Asian flicks, legally, years before they are released here. Same for Hero, Crouching Tiger, etc...

[/ QUOTE ]

chalk me up as a dumb american, I didnt realize these movies were out years before their release in ameica.

What are some other good ones that havent made their way over here yet?

pshreck 04-16-2005 11:04 PM

Yeah, Im the dumb american too.

I cant think of others right now, but for example I saw Shaolin Soccer way before it came out here, same with Hero, House of Flying Daggers.

If you haven't see Infernal Affairs, DEFINETLY see that, best asian flick I have seen yet.