Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   The Stock Market (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Sirius Satellite Raido (SIRI) (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=132742)

Joe Tall 10-06-2004 09:01 AM

Sirius Satellite Raido (SIRI)

I've been a Sirius Subscriber since January. It is a fantasitc product.

Howard Stern Announcement

Peace,
Joe Tall

LondonBroil 10-06-2004 10:00 AM

Re: Sirius Satellite Raido (SIRI)

I just heard his announcement on the way to work. Would it be too late to invest in SIRI now since?

Anadrol 50 10-06-2004 10:03 AM

Now I can finally get out of this pos...

Joe Tall 10-06-2004 10:08 AM

It is going to spike today, however if you followed the XM ( XMSR ) radio Stock, you'll see it hit a high of near $40. Sirius has currently spiked to just over $4.

I have nearly 3000 shares; today is an intestign day for me. About a month after I had Sirius radio, I started buying stock. I have Sirius Radio on now I type this, it's completely addicting; a great product. With the NFL package and now Howard Stern, I think it's going to be a sure buy right now.

Oh, and it was my brother who bought me Sirius as a gift. He is and has been a XM radio subscriber for a couple of years and bought and sold XM stock over it's climb. For what that is worth.

Peace,
Joe Tall

Joe Tall 10-06-2004 10:15 AM

Now I can finally get out of this pos... \

You may regret that. It's sure to out sell XM now.

Peace,
Joe Tall

Anadrol 50 10-06-2004 11:12 AM

Look at how much the company is valued at now...over 4 billion!!! That is pretty high for a company with revenue of 30 million. This company will take years (if ever) to reach a profit....The product kicks ass....the stock is an overvalued piece of crap....I am glad I got out today at break even...

PS I was forced to buy this by a relative who gave me the $

bogey 10-06-2004 11:37 AM

I'm not sure that Stern has the ability to get new customers to subsrcible to a whole new medium. My brother bought Sirius, mainly because they claimed that they were commercial free when he bought it. A few weeks later XM went commercial free, and now apparently Sirius has gone back on their claim.

Seems like a cash flow problem when they need to go back on their commercial free claim.

Joe Tall 10-06-2004 03:25 PM

and now apparently Sirius has gone back on their claim.

Huh? They are commerical free, always have been.

Peace,
Joe Tall

bogey 10-06-2004 10:16 PM

Are you sure? I had it in my car for a cross country trip recently and heard a crap load of commercials. (on Sirius stations too, not just syndicated ones)

shummie 10-07-2004 04:48 PM

I head the Howard Stern news yesterday, and it seems like a no brainer purchase. I setup an etrade account today (have only 401k until today) just to purchase SIRI stock. However, etrade doesn't let you buy stock that is <$5 per share for the first 7 days after an account is open!

In the meantime, I lost 5% today... and now I'm waiting for the stock to hit $5 or 7 days.

- Jason