Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   News, Views, and Gossip (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   I can't help but brag... (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=392095)

Luv2DriveTT 12-05-2005 09:01 PM

Re: I can\'t help but brag...

[ QUOTE ]

PPS: Everything ended up working out great, though, thanks to PARTY BLACKJACK, PARTY BLACKJACK DOOODOOODODOOOOOO!!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

this is worth quoting for obvious reasons.

TT [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

lapoker17 12-05-2005 09:15 PM

Diablo:

What's the definition of proposition bets? Given their connotation, I'm not sure a bet regarding the published line on a sporting event counts. This was merely a "sports" bet.

Trying to help you keep your near-perfect record,
lapoker17

PS 55? WTF?

BottlesOf 12-05-2005 09:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Diablo:

What's the definition of proposition bets? Given their connotation, I'm not sure a bet regarding the published line on a sporting event counts. This was merely a "sports" bet.

Trying to help you keep your near-perfect record,
lapoker17

PS 55? WTF?

[/ QUOTE ]

Bingo, I was going to post this. Here is the techinicality. There are several types of bets one can make on sporting events. Straight wagers with a spread, moneylines, over/unders, propositions etc. I think an O/U is a category distincit to a prop, which refers to non-score related betting things, such as how many TDs will Vince Young rush for.

J.A.Sucker 12-05-2005 09:43 PM

Hi JBB,

The bet is a prop, because the line hadn't come out yet. We're betting on that, nothing more.

Sucker

J.A.Sucker 12-05-2005 09:44 PM

E.D.,

Doodleeedooodleeedoo

Josh W 12-05-2005 09:54 PM

J.A. (and el D) -

You know this will just mean you need to buy a few more rounds, right?

Admiringly yours,

Josh W

Michael Davis 12-05-2005 09:54 PM

This is not too surprising, especially after seeing Diablo come with weakness in an IM conversation with Schneids posted in BBV. He must be off his game lately, personal problems or something.

-Michael

Ulysses 12-05-2005 10:07 PM

JA,

I have not seen any of their commercials recently, but I am pretty sure "Doodleeedooodleeedoo" is incorrect Party music.

BottlesOf 12-05-2005 11:24 PM

Ah, I didn't understand. Carry on.

Gunny Highway 12-06-2005 09:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
All: Idiotic $100 bet. Knowing that USC and Texas both score over 50 a game, I somehow still agreed to take the under on 55 being the over/under. I did not give this any logical thought at all before accepting, nor did I have any knowledge of typical college football betting lines. Checking lines today, this one is at 70 and almost all the bowl games are over 50. Sick. Obviously, I was very drunk when the bet went down. Adding further insult to injury, Sucker was willing to let me buy out for $50 at the bar and I didn't take that. Idiotic.

[/ QUOTE ]

There's a subject the Blue Devil had no knowledge of? [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]

As a result of this bet, Diablo & Sucker are no longer fitting names. El Diablo should have to change his moniker to El Sucker for a week. And Sucker can be J.A. Diablo. Mods?