Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   What should be done about the gimmick accounts? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=177155)

SomethingClever 01-14-2005 05:01 PM

What should be done about the gimmick accounts?

In case you haven't ventured out of OOT in a while, the gimmick accounts are breeding in other forums as well.

What do you think 2+2 should do, if anything?

jakethebake 01-14-2005 05:02 PM

Re: What should be done about the gimmick accounts?

[ QUOTE ]
In case you haven't ventured out of OOT in a while, the gimmick accounts are breeding in other forums as well.

[/ QUOTE ]
we should just ignore the unfunny ones. block them and dont reply to anything they say.

fnord_too 01-14-2005 05:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
we should just ignore the unfunny ones. block them and dont reply to anything they say.

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly.

Shajen 01-14-2005 05:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I got a feeling it's gonna get real lonely around here for me...

[img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

bonanz 01-14-2005 05:11 PM

almost everyother forum on the planet has plenty of moderators. I'm sure there are plenty of people here who could/would be willing to become a moderator.

I somehow think that it is an issue with being a 2+2 site and just handing over some bit of control/authority/decision making ability on behalf of the 2+2 name is the issue, although i think that's kinda crazy because we all know that these boards are getting massive and mat is only one man and chuck i'm sure has other things he would rather do than delete fake accounts etc.

I vote for additional moderators that answer to mat.

look how we got so owned by the QLC moderators...

Rick Diesel 01-14-2005 05:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree also. But god damn it where is Sup Bro?

TimM 01-14-2005 05:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I ran some message boards for a while. I would be checking IP's of all these new signups. We once had a guy create over 100 accounts from one IP. We held moderator elections so I think he was trying to rig them. I banned them all and blocked the IP. The guy must have spend hours creating unique e-mails for all of them. Eventually he just gave up trying to disrupt the forum.

But 2+2 is a little different. The moderators here try to be a little more liberal (we tried to have a real names and one account per person policy as much as possible). Should just being unfunny a criteria for banning? And who decides it?

jakethebake 01-14-2005 05:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
almost everyother forum on the planet has plenty of moderators. I'm sure there are plenty of people here who could/would be willing to become a moderator.

[/ QUOTE ]
Boooooo!

ThaSaltCracka 01-14-2005 05:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Boooooo!

[/ QUOTE ]I would do it.

mmbt0ne 01-14-2005 06:51 PM

</font><blockquote><font class="small">En réponse à:</font><hr />
Should just being unfunny a criteria for banning? And who decides it?

[/ QUOTE ]

Public poll, you must have 200+ posts to vote. If you are accused of unfunnieness 3x and then try again, IP banz0red.