Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Evil Dead - Starring Ashton Kutcher (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=337415)

Marlow 09-15-2005 11:42 AM

Evil Dead - Starring Ashton Kutcher

click on this and commence vomiting

and then discuss.

Marlow

imported_The Vibesman 09-15-2005 11:58 AM

Re: Evil Dead - Starring Ashton Kutcher

NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Blarg 09-15-2005 12:07 PM

What the hell???

Sam Raimi not directing it sucks.

I at first was outraged about Ashton Kutcher, but actually if he doesn't play as totally dumb as usual, there is something to his style that fits. I just don't like him all that much.

I'm not sure who could replace Bruce Campbell, really.

And I sure as hell am not sure why this movie should be remade. It's one of the best horror flicks of the last 20 years and one of the better ones ever, and the director even bizarrely enough basically directed the same movie twice when he came out with number two in the series.

I just wish more people could or would see the first one, and that it could still be as new and fresh to them today as it was to me and everyone else I talked to when I first saw it. By now the Lovecraftian themes it was pretty unique in popularizing are everywhere and have become a cliche.

This movie was great. I don't see what an Ashton Kutcher version, with a different director, would add or improve.

Hell, the way Raimi milked his tiny budget and single location and set was part of the virtuosity in the first place.

ethan 09-15-2005 12:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

second.

[img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Shajen 09-15-2005 12:52 PM

He's so dreamy.... [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="white">this movie does not need to be remade. At all. I can't believe Bruce Campbell is down with this... </font>

thatpfunk 09-15-2005 12:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]

And I sure as hell am not sure why this movie should be remade.

[/ QUOTE ]

Money?

peachy 09-15-2005 01:01 PM

Bruce Campbell is the producer on this project though ??? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

imported_The Vibesman 09-15-2005 01:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

And I sure as hell am not sure why this movie should be remade.

[/ QUOTE ]

Money?

[/ QUOTE ]

And probably to cash in on Sam Raimi as "The Man Who Brought You Spider-Man!"

Blarg 09-15-2005 01:26 PM

That's probably it. But Sam Raimi has got to be rich as hell already. Oh well, I guess that argument rarely carries any weight.

Alobar 09-15-2005 02:14 PM

what in the holy [censored] [censored]??? [censored] fuckity [censored] [censored]! Instead of making 4, like he said he was going to do after he was finished whoring spider man sequels out to the [censored] cunty happy meal crowd, which was supposed to have Bruce in it. We get a [censored] remake with Ashton [censored] "the only thing ive done to make me famous is stick my punked dick in a washed out manish ugly 60 year old whos only claim to hotness is set of fake tits and a really bad [censored] stripper movie" Kutcher???

God damn [censored] [censored], this ruins my whole [censored] day!!!