Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   A Few Hands of River Play (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=274899)

Festus22 06-17-2005 11:52 AM

A Few Hands of River Play

Just curious on the consensus opinion of the best play.

Sorry about the manual format - EuroBet HH's not being sent.

Party 2/4

Hand 1
10 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] in the BB.

Folded to CO who open raises, SB calls, I call.

Flop [A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 10 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]]. SB checks, I check, CO bets, SB calls, I raise, CO calls, SB calls.

Turn [A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 10 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]] K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. SB checks, I bet, CO calls, SB calls.

River [A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 10 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]]. K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. SB checks, I bet, CO calls, SB checkraises...

Hand 2
K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] in the CO. MP1 limps, MP2 limps, I raise, BB calls, limpers call.

Flop [K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 10 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]]. BB bets, limpers fold, I raise, BB calls.

Turn [K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 10 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 10 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. BB checks, I bet, BB calls.

River [K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 10 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 10 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]] Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. BB checks...

Hand 3
Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] UTG+1. I raise, only CO calls.

Flop [K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]]. I bet, CO calls.

Turn [K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. I bet, CO calls.

River [K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]] K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. I...

prairieboy 06-17-2005 12:29 PM

Re: A Few Hands of River Play

Hand 1: I call (and plan on losing most of the time).
Hand 2: I check
Hand 3: I bet and fold if raised.

bakku 06-17-2005 12:39 PM

3-bet, bet, bet

HolyBejeesus 06-17-2005 12:47 PM

Hand 1: Tough decision, seems like you would have heard from him on the turn if he had 2 pair, but SB capping after you 3-bet would be terrible, so I would probably call.

Hand 2: I check, the only hands that pay you off are small pp and maybe a 7, but they should have folded by now. It's really read dependent I guess.

Hand 3: Bet-call against an unknown or tricky opponent, bet-fold if you have a read.

bigalt 06-17-2005 12:53 PM

there are a lot of worse kings and possibly a queen shooting for the gutshot that are going to call a river bet in hand #2

crunchy1 06-17-2005 12:54 PM

Hand #1 - Lead the flop - the whole hand will play differently.
Hand #2 - Check. That card completes several of the only reasonable draws he could have by the river. Only better hands are calling worse hands are folding anyways. See your showdown for free.
Hand #3 - Bet/Call. That king makes it less likely that he's holding a K and even if he was you should've been check-raised on the turn. It's also a good card for him to bluff-check/raise so you really need to call if he does this.

crunchy1 06-17-2005 12:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
there are a lot of worse kings and possibly a queen shooting for the gutshot that are going to call a river bet in hand #2

[/ QUOTE ]
Name them.

chief444 06-17-2005 01:28 PM

Hand 1 I think is close but I'd just call and get the overcall. HU I would 3-bet.

Hand 2 I can't really think of many worse hands that pay off and you're probably splitting. If I had AK I'd say very easy bet. I doubt if a 7 bets the flop. A flush draw came on the river and a straight draw either got there or isn't paying off.

Hand 3 I don't think is close at all. Easy bet.