Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Top 10 shameful Video Games (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=331485)

Freakin 09-07-2005 10:49 AM

Top 10 shameful Video Games

http://archive.gamespy.com/top10/december02/shame/

[ QUOTE ]
Demand dropped so precipitously that millions of unsold E.T. carts had to be dumped in a landfill.

[/ QUOTE ]

and thats not even number one.

HopeydaFish 09-07-2005 01:55 PM

Re: Top 10 shameful Video Games

I am ashamed to say that I owned three of those games for my Atari 2600 (Donkey Kong, PacMan, ET). ET was by far the worst of the bunch. Another really bad one that wasn't mentioned was "Raiders of the Lost Ark" for the Atari 2600.

The number 1 worst game is just bizarre...a rape fantasy game for the Atari 2600...LOL.

Freakin 09-07-2005 01:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I am ashamed to say that I owned three of those games for my Atari 2600 (Donkey Kong, PacMan, ET). ET was by far the worst of the bunch. Another really bad one that wasn't mentioned was "Raiders of the Lost Ark" for the Atari 2600.

The number 1 worst game is just bizarre...a rape fantasy game for the Atari 2600...LOL.

[/ QUOTE ]

A racist rape fantasy....

What were they thinking?

Freakin

stabn 09-07-2005 01:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What were they thinking?

Freakin

[/ QUOTE ]

Texas is a big state?

Who knows. I'm surprised ET only made #7.

Freakin 09-07-2005 02:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What were they thinking?

Freakin

[/ QUOTE ]

Texas is a big state?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm gonna have to find an emulator to try it out. I had an underprivelaged enough childhood that my first console was a NES (and it wasn't a toploader)

TheMainEvent 09-07-2005 02:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]

What were they thinking?

Freakin

[/ QUOTE ]

IIRC, the girl clearly give a big pixelated smile when you're about to give it to her. This was probably inserted purely to ease the rape concerns.

stabn 09-07-2005 05:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What were they thinking?

Freakin

[/ QUOTE ]

Texas is a big state?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm gonna have to find an emulator to try it out. I had an underprivelaged enough childhood that my first console was a NES (and it wasn't a toploader)

[/ QUOTE ]

My NES was a frontloader but i had a 2600 as well. I only got it about a year or two before the NES came out though.

pokerdirty 09-07-2005 05:30 PM

and to think, this list is only 31 months old...

Phoenix1010 09-07-2005 05:38 PM

E.T. at number 7 is robbery but the list is pretty funny. I think it's basically stolen from an EGM article. I still remember someone mentioning E.T. in one of the best games threads a while ago, I think it was Kersens.

09-07-2005 05:54 PM

I was probably a retard when I was a kid because I remember playing ET for the Atari 2600 all afternoon trying to figure out how to escape that pit.