Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   News, Views, and Gossip (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   People Who Scream "ONE TIME!" (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=389167)

grandgnu 12-01-2005 12:59 PM

People Who Scream \"ONE TIME!\"

What is up with all the people screaming "ONE TIME!" at the poker table?

Do they honestly believe they have never won with a dominated hand EVER in their poker careers, and deserve to have their 20% shot pull through?

codewarrior 12-01-2005 01:02 PM

Re: People Who Scream \"ONE TIME!\"

kenberman 12-01-2005 01:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What is up with all the people screaming "ONE TIME!" at the poker table?

Do they honestly believe they have never won with a dominated hand EVER in their poker careers, and deserve to have their 20% shot pull through?

[/ QUOTE ]

duck

thatpfunk 12-01-2005 01:06 PM

In his defense this aplies to alot of things. One of my friend yells it constantly playing basketball, beirut (beer pong), picking up chicks, watching sports, etc.

Soul Daddy 12-01-2005 01:08 PM

I thought this was going to be about warning that the cops had arrived.

swede123 12-01-2005 01:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
In his defense this aplies to alot of things. One of my friend yells it constantly playing basketball, beirut (beer pong), picking up chicks, watching sports, etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

Your friend does sound like a douche, but that doesn't pardon the OP from being an even bigger douche for posting what he did where he did it.

Swede

diebitter 12-01-2005 01:10 PM

Awwww, I thought it was gonna be a story about a flute and band camp...

thatpfunk 12-01-2005 01:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Your friend does sound like a douche, but that doesn't pardon the OP from being an even bigger douche for posting what he did where he did it.

Swede

[/ QUOTE ]
It would seem like it would really annoying but he doesn't yell it in a mocking way or anything (often it is him just saying it aloud to himself). He says it normally before he is about to do something (shoot a big shot, etc), sort of like encouranging himself. I think its just become a way of concentrating before or during a competitive action.

imported_anacardo 12-01-2005 01:14 PM

You, sir, want B&M. Perhaps you will be spared too great a thrashing.

Voltron87 12-01-2005 01:18 PM

i do this during pretty much every game of beer pong i play with certain people, during most yankee games, but not in poker at all.