Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   The Incredibles - Movie review (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=214005)

wacki 03-15-2005 10:24 PM

The Incredibles - Movie review

Just watched it. I don't think I've ever laughed that hard at a computer animated movie. A lot of random humor. Basically if you like the Simpsons and you don't really care for the mushy stuff like Shrek/Nemo you will more than likely love this movie. The characters in this movie are constantly argueing which I think is awesome as it makes their interaction so much more realistic. (If there is such a thing in a super hero movie)

Dr. Strangelove 03-15-2005 10:27 PM

Re: The Incredibles - Movie review

I really liked this movie.

tbach24 03-15-2005 10:27 PM

Sorry to hi-jack this, but in every single kid's movie that is coming out nowadays, there is an annoying female character. In this movie it's the daughter. She is always complaining and shy about that boy she likes. Anyone else notice this thread or want to try and find a movie that doesn't have one? I've thought about it and only the first Toy Story didn't really have one.

pshreck 03-15-2005 10:30 PM

Funny you say that, I read somewhere that the daughter in the movie made young girls uncomfortable when watching the movie.
Ill try to find a link, I may have just seen it on E! or something, but I remember finding that funny.

StevieG 03-15-2005 11:18 PM

Loved the soundtrack. Jazzy, very 60s lounge. Channeling Henry Mancini.

Funny movie. Good visuals.

Could not believe that the director played Edna.

gvibes 03-15-2005 11:44 PM

Just ordered it - blind buy.

YourFoxyGrandma 03-16-2005 01:11 AM

I had begun to feel like Pixar was falling into a mold with their movies and was really pleased to see them break said mold with The Incredibles. Fabulous.

nolanfan34 03-16-2005 01:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Just watched it. I don't think I've ever laughed that hard at a computer animated movie. A lot of random humor. Basically if you like the Simpsons and you don't really care for the mushy stuff like Shrek/Nemo you will more than likely love this movie. The characters in this movie are constantly argueing which I think is awesome as it makes their interaction so much more realistic. (If there is such a thing in a super hero movie)

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree, it was a lot better than I thought it would be. Like, I was happy leaving the theatre, because of how impressed I was that it was good. And I'm 28 years old.

El Diablo had a good review of it.

wacki 03-16-2005 01:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
El Diablo had a good review of it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Really??? I did a search and nothing came up for the last 2 years.

Dead 03-16-2005 01:23 AM

I saw it in when it was in theatres. It was a good movie.