Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Turkey sandwich Time!!! (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=153957)

Toro 11-27-2004 09:43 AM

Re: Turkey sandwich Time!!!

Try it with a little cranberry sauce. Mmmmm.

beerbandit 11-27-2004 10:08 AM

i didnt think there were so many options when making a turkey sandwich. you should have put miracle whip on there since you ahve butter/margerine.

one of those sounds pretty good for lunch, maybe some soup too

cheers

Rick Nebiolo 11-27-2004 11:12 AM

when i was on atkins turkey "sandwiches" became a mainstay except of course you can't use bread. i'd put some of the better deli sliced turkey on about three individual slices of provolone cheese, spread some regular mustard (definitely atkins) or trader joe's sweet honey mustard (slightly not atkins), microwave some half cooked bacon extra crispy, and roll it all up. if i wanted to go high class i'd secure it with a toothpick and use a napkin.

i'm off atkins but still don't buy bread for the home so i normally stick with the roll ups. like others this thread made me hungry so I ended up zapping a whole bowl of sliced turkey, dressing, potatoes, and gravy. definitely not atkins but very good [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

~ rick

Topflight 11-27-2004 11:20 AM

Wheat bread
Sliced Turkey
Stuffing
Mashed Potatoes
Gravy(brown)
Wheat Bread

Tall glass of milk.

Blarg 11-27-2004 01:59 PM

I like wheat or rye, either is fine. Either mustard or mayo is fine, but turkey is one of the few sandwiches I probably prefer mayo on.

I love sprouts on the sandwich! Also lettuce and tomato if I have them. And having soup on the side makes for a perfect lunch.

BottlesOf 11-27-2004 02:42 PM

FLAW IN THE POLL

I can't tell if this is designed for a deli style turkey sandwich, or specifically for a sandwich made after Thanksgiving, using real turkey and leftovers. B/c it seems ovious how to prepare the latter, I answered adressing the former situation and add the following thoughts.

Roll/bun is getting shafted.

Pop!?? You must be from the Midwest or something...

Also, how come more people don't like cheddar? Swiss goes with ham, the thought of swiss and turkey is just odd to me...

BottlesOf 11-27-2004 02:52 PM

Absolutely nyet. Maybe in the north west of the Mississippi, but in the Northeast, that's not said.

Blarg 11-27-2004 03:16 PM

Re: FLAW IN THE POLL

Cheddar is not a great sandwich cheese. It's much better as a snacking cheese or melting cheese.

Swiss is a natural sandwich cheese, and goes perfectly with turkey.

Topflight 11-27-2004 03:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Cheddar is not a great sandwich cheese. It's much better as a snacking cheese or melting cheese.

Swiss is a natural sandwich cheese, and goes perfectly with turkey.

[/ QUOTE ]

You is smart.

BottlesOf 11-27-2004 03:23 PM

I disagree completely. You get it sliced thin at a deli, it tastes great, and is a good contrast with Turkey. I think American is a fine choice too for Turkey.

You say cheddar is not a "sandwich cheese" and that swiss is, but you really don't explain what you mean or why you feel that's the case.