Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   My only problem playing limit poker (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=306589)

KaneKungFu123 08-03-2005 03:56 AM

My only problem playing limit poker

is that i am unable to respect my opponents. i cant help but think of limit holdem as the female version of poker. have any high stakes nl players over come this adversity? i am sure there is alot of easy money in these games (all the best players play NL)...

Well Heres One Hand...

I open UTG w/ A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. Some Donk who probally always plays Limit calls in the SB.

Flop 2 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

He bets, I raise, He 3 bets, I cap that [censored].

Turn T [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

chk, I bet, He calls.

River K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

He bets, I raise, He 3 Bets, I cap that [censored], He calls.

He has A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

I laugh my ass off at Limit Players all over the world.

Prevaricator 08-03-2005 04:12 AM

Re: My only problem playing limit poker

haha

cap that [censored]

lil feller 08-03-2005 04:14 AM

I'll probably be the only person that responds to this. Your arrogance and rash judgement of limit players is brazen beyond description.

Limit HE is an EXTREMELY difficult game to beat, more so than NL, IMHO. In NL you can very easily force your opponents into making mistakes, as you directly control the amount they are required to call. It is also much easier to force them into pot sized mistakes. A limit pro must squeeze every last bit of +ev out of every situation he finds it in, and recognizing these situations can be very difficult. Making a blanket assumption that all the best players play NL, is mind numbingly stupid and untrue.

I'm not discounting that being an expert NL player takes skill, as it certainly does, but playing limit at a high level against equal opposition is no cake walk, you would do well to remember that while posting in this forum.

lf

siegfriedandroy 08-03-2005 04:29 AM

good response, lil feller. while personally, i havent decided which brand of holdem to focus on, i definitely respect limit just as much as no liimit, and was likewise offended by the op. i bet he really isnt a very good nl player, either judging solely on this post.

nummerfire 08-03-2005 05:00 AM

If worse players are playing limit why do you have a problem with that. Seems to me to be the best argument for playing limit.

Are you making the very common mistake of thinking yuor results will be better with better opponents.

ALL1N 08-03-2005 05:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Some Donk who probally always plays Limit calls in the SB

[/ QUOTE ]

Hahah thats gold.

baronzeus 08-03-2005 05:14 AM

Is it just me or is this the funniest post ever?

aK13 08-03-2005 05:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
(all the best players play NL)

[/ QUOTE ]

This is totally untrue.

You also sucked out on him =P (from preflop).

oreogod 08-03-2005 05:51 AM

Spoken like a true retard of the game. Bravo. This trumps some of the stuff u run across in OOT.

MrFeelNothin 08-03-2005 06:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Is it just me or is this the funniest post ever?

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't "get" Kane at first. Now I love reading his material. Hi-larious.