Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   "Boiler Room" on USA right now (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=292790)

Morpheus 07-14-2005 02:38 PM

\"Boiler Room\" on USA right now

All you poor guys should watch. Well, I'm poor so I'm watching, too just so you know. Good movie. Later. Just missed the "act as if " speech , though but hopefully it'll be on again later in the day

jakethebake 07-14-2005 02:46 PM

Re: \"Boiler Room\" on USA right now

Meh.

PorscheNGuns 07-14-2005 02:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Just missed the "act as if " speech , though but hopefully it'll be on again later in the day

[/ QUOTE ]

In between copying Wall Street almost scene for scene, this screenwriter managed to fit in a rip off of Glengarry Glen Ross.

Not at all creative, let alone "brilliant", but still a decent movie.

-Matt

IndieMatty 07-14-2005 02:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Just missed the "act as if " speech , though but hopefully it'll be on again later in the day

[/ QUOTE ]

In between copying Wall Street almost scene for scene, this screenwriter managed to fit in a rip off of Glengarry Glen Ross.

Not at all creative, let alone "brilliant", but still a decent movie.

-Matt

[/ QUOTE ]

Just for clarification...the Affleck scene is an homage to GGR. It's quite intentional.

In and of itself this move does not suck and in fact is a pretty good rewatchable flick.

trying2learn 07-14-2005 02:54 PM

there was a long thread a month or two ago about this topic. some GGR fans were pretty upset that the two films were used in the same sentence. but i agree with you.

bort411 07-14-2005 03:00 PM

I've been watching for about half an hour. This is the possibly the worst film ever made. Seven guys sitting in a bare room watching Wall Street...that's screenwriting? That scene lasted like 10 minutes! Why didn't USA just show Wall Street? Also Vin Diesel, who I assume is from the US, barely speaks coherent English.

Wintermute 07-14-2005 03:08 PM

I like the part where the guy with the wife and two young kids fritters away $15k or whatever on some BS stock and his wife chews him out. That always makes me laugh.

Hal 2000 07-14-2005 03:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I like the part where the guy with the wife and two young kids fritters away $15k or whatever on some BS stock and his wife chews him out. That always makes me laugh.

[/ QUOTE ]

"Oh yeah, I forgot to you I bought a 'little bit' of stock today ( thumb and forefinger an inch apart)"

tek 07-15-2005 04:42 PM

Best line of the movie was when the guys were in a Manhatten bar and one starts razzing a couple of gays. Something like 'You people should be on your own island'.

Gay guy: We are [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

DMBFan23 07-15-2005 04:53 PM

yeah but that [censored]'s yellow, rizzy's the color, nugga