Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Unable to get to sleep - can't stop thinking (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=310839)

partygirluk 08-08-2005 09:29 PM

Unable to get to sleep - can\'t stop thinking

I am damn tired at the moment but because I realised how much work I am going to have to put into my PhD applications, and how important it all is, that is constantly racing through my mind, and I can't get to sleep if I am thinking. A couple of days ago I was thinking furiosly about an exciting business project I might be involved in. How do I get all this [censored] out of my mind so I can just switch off and attack the issue in the morning?

1800GAMBLER 08-08-2005 09:32 PM

Re: Unable to get to sleep - can\'t stop thinking

v good

mostsmooth 08-08-2005 09:44 PM

masturbate

STLantny 08-08-2005 09:50 PM

I take deep breaths, count, and picture nothing but black in my head, with my eyes closed.

HopeydaFish 08-08-2005 10:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I take deep breaths, count, and picture nothing but black in my head, with my eyes closed.

[/ QUOTE ]

For some reason if I close my eyes and imagine myself spinning, it knocks me right out.

MagicMan08 08-08-2005 10:45 PM

I used to have the same problem as far as the thoughts running, I am having a hard time remembering what was going on in my life at the time, but it drove me nuts for like 3 weeks.

FoxwoodsFiend 08-08-2005 10:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I am damn tired at the moment but because I realised how much work I am going to have to put into my PhD applications, and how important it all is, that is constantly racing through my mind, and I can't get to sleep if I am thinking. A couple of days ago I was thinking furiosly about an exciting business project I might be involved in. How do I get all this [censored] out of my mind so I can just switch off and attack the issue in the morning?

[/ QUOTE ]

hot milk helps, but it's no substitute for a good, old-fashioned sleeping pill like Ambien

gumpzilla 08-08-2005 10:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ditto, but with slightly different mental imagery. It takes a little practice, and if you're really amped it's hard to keep your mind clear, but this works.

miajag81 08-08-2005 11:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
masturbate

[/ QUOTE ]

I can personally attest that this method actually does work.

moondogg 08-08-2005 11:38 PM

Capital "N", little "y", big [censored] "Q"