Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Omaha High (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   PokerTracker Omaha beta out (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=199461)

Rudbaeck 02-20-2005 05:32 PM

PokerTracker Omaha beta out

PokerTracker Omaha Beta can be found on the official PT site. Way to Ptrack Mike! Supports Hi as well as Hi/Lo on Party, Stars and Paradise.

Tournament support and other sites are still in the works.

Shamelessly crossposting this with the software forum.

IronDragon1 02-20-2005 05:41 PM

Re: PokerTracker Omaha beta out

This is teh excellent.

Thanks for the heads up

BlueBear 02-20-2005 09:02 PM

This is fantastic news. Good job, ptrack mike!

Cleveland Guy 02-21-2005 11:29 AM

I guess this means I finally have to break down and buy this thing huh?

Didn't seem much use to me when I was playing 90% PLO.

donkeyradish 02-21-2005 11:37 AM

I haven't looked yet but this sounds very interesting & long overdue.

stone_7 02-21-2005 01:00 PM

The Beta version seems to be free and I successfully imported more than the 1000 hands that you canusually import with the "Trial Version" So you don't need to fork out that $55 just yet. ALso I noticed that because there are so many more starting hands in Omaha it is hard to track your play of a single hand because the most I have gotten any single hand is 3 times over 5k hands (I know a small sample) but if this persists when I am at 100K hands I will only have seen it 60 times and most other hands I have seen only 1x so I would expect only 20 times.

Fianlly what should my VPIP be? It is at 40% which seems high but in Omaha the starting hands seem to run together in value so this is not as big a leak as in HE because I am never dominated before the flop. Assuming that I am playing well postflop is this a reasonable #?

I also noticed that my Aggression preflop is almost 0 I play this way given what I have said above. I know I should raise more PF but I only seem to do it when I have a double suited hand with aces, kings or an ace and a king. Should I be raising preflop with 7 8 9 9 suited or other similar hands?

beset7 02-21-2005 08:09 PM

I think 40% vpip is probably fine depending on the game.

Has anyone gotten PTO to work with gametime+? posted this on the PT forum and in the O8 forum and received no responses...

Beset7

sammy_g 02-22-2005 07:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
ALso I noticed that because there are so many more starting hands in Omaha it is hard to track your play of a single hand because the most I have gotten any single hand is 3 times over 5k hands (I know a small sample) but if this persists when I am at 100K hands I will only have seen it 60 times and most other hands I have seen only 1x so I would expect only 20 times.

[/ QUOTE ]
That's quite a sentence there. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I've been using the filter feature to check my results for groups of hands. It's pretty easy to filter for holdings like AAxx.

beset7 02-22-2005 07:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
ALso I noticed that because there are so many more starting hands in Omaha it is hard to track your play of a single hand because the most I have gotten any single hand is 3 times over 5k hands (I know a small sample) but if this persists when I am at 100K hands I will only have seen it 60 times and most other hands I have seen only 1x so I would expect only 20 times.

[/ QUOTE ]
That's quite a sentence there. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I've been using the filter feature to check my results for groups of hands. It's pretty easy to filter for holdings like AAxx.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, the filter feature is nice. But, apparently (I just read this on the PTO forum), there is a bug in the filtuer feature where the same hands will come up more then once, just re-arranged (i.e. AAQJ xyxy, AQAJ xxyy, if you were looking for AAxx double-suited). I guess that's why it's a beta version.

bobbyi 02-22-2005 08:18 PM

So it is a completely separate program from holdem PT? This means that I can't keep holdem and omaha in the same db? If I am playing simultaneously at a holdem and an omaha table, can I have hand histories from both being imported from my hard drive into both PTs?