Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   One-table Tournaments (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   SnG results (late game) (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=83153)

t_perkin 04-29-2004 11:15 PM

SnG results (late game)

Ok the Doc had left by the end, so here are the results from todays late SnG:

1: t_perkin 2+2 (Akureyri), $72.00 (40%)
2: dr. jekyl (Kennebunk), $54.00 (30%)
3: SimonDiamond (Redditch), $36.00 (20%)
4: Wadd (Winona), $18.00 (10%)
5: DrPhysic (San Antonio),
6: d9090 (Chinese Camp ),
7: FloppedFlush (Alexandria),
8: Walstib (Washington),
9: MobyDick (København),
10: JellybeanDC (Leesburg),
11: skaboomizzy (Tampa),
12: NotMitch (Somerville),
13: KURN (Cranston),
14: thomastem (Marengo),
15: Shub314 (Victoria),
16: Glorfindel (Rivendell),
17: heyrocker (Chicago),
18: codewarrior (Mentor),

I was pretty lucky when it got to 4-5 players which is when it really counted. But I don't think I played too badly. I have a couple of hands to post. But will do so later.

Tim

skaboomizzy 04-29-2004 11:32 PM

Re: SnG results (late game)

I have GOT to know what you had in that early hand when the flop came all diamonds and you went all-in.

Simon Diamond 04-29-2004 11:34 PM

Three SNG Series leaderboards - three European leaders.

Some times actions speak louder than words.

Simon [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Walstib 04-30-2004 01:37 AM

Been lurking for a few months and decided to play in both 2+2 games tonight. Great competition, had a great time. I intend to come back for more lessons.

Congrats to the winners and thanks to those that set this up.

Walstib

DrPhysic 04-30-2004 06:10 AM

Thanks for posting tim. I was having a lousy night, went to watch the end of the Kings/Mavericks basketball game then went to bed.

10th and 5th not very good tonight. There was one hand I did enjoy immensely however. Remember one that the board was all black AKKxx? I went all in, and you folded? I had Q3 of diamonds. Absolute bust. If you'd just let me steal in the first place, I wouldn't have to go to such extreme measures to get your blinds. (and 300 or 400 more as I
remember.)

Oh well, nuther game next week.

Doc

t_perkin 04-30-2004 07:09 AM

Yeah I was gonna post this hand anyway for a bit of discussion:

Hand 21 (blinds 15/30)

I am UTG with Ad Kh and 3BB raise to 90

Skaboom UTG+1 raises to 150

all fold to me

I flat call. I figure he may well have PP here - QQ, KK, AA maybe AK, outside AQs or JJ
I certainly don't want to push in here, but not worth folding yet so I flat call.

*** FLOP *** [7d 2d Kd]

Woohoo! I could not ask for anything better really. He could still have me beat with AA and very outside KK, but I have almost all other offerings beat, plus I have an untainted nut flush draw.
I am certain he will bet at this so I go for the check raise.

He bets 450 and I raise all in and he folds.

Now judging from the fact that you want to know what I had I would say that you either had AK (obv. no diamond) or AA (scared of KK or AdQd?). But I never guess right (doesn't bode well for my poker career [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]).

Now what I would like to know is whether I should have tried to extract some more money and how?

This is an area of my game that I am trying to improve. I feel that sometimes I don't make as much as I should when I have a good or great hand. This comes from following the NL SnG mantra of TAKE IT DOWN NOW too closely.
Playing O8 has made me realise that it is a hole in my game.

Tim

skaboomizzy 04-30-2004 07:31 AM

Based on the amount of your raise then calling my re-raise I had put you on A-<face card> suited before the flop. The diamond flop and your check-raise had me convinced you had the nut flush. If there'd just been two diamonds on the flop, I'd have put you all-in.

I had the two black aces.

William 04-30-2004 07:43 AM

If you'd just let me steal in the first place, I wouldn't have to go to such extreme measures to get your blinds. (and 300 or 400 more as I remember)

We'll soon be chopping those long fingers that are always trying to grab other players blinds [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

William

pokerexplorer.com 04-30-2004 08:31 AM

i like sitngo

t_perkin 04-30-2004 09:15 AM

phew. glad I made you fold that one [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Two dimes says:

Ad Kh 43.13%
As Ac 56.87%

(at the flop Kd 7d 2d)

So you aren´t a huge fav. Def. better than if I had pushed in before the flop where you would be 92% fav. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Sorry mate

Tim

("mate" means "bud" in english)