Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Internet Bonuses (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=47)
-   -   Absolute Changes (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=389652)

12-02-2005 01:19 AM

Absolute Changes

I wonder if Absolute will lose many customers to the recent changes of the rake requirements for reload payouts?? I know of a couple of dudes who aren't playing there anymore because of it but was curious if there will be any significant impact??

playersare 12-02-2005 01:28 AM

Re: Absolute Changes

judging by that there was no change in traffic at Party Poker and Pokerrrom network after they downgraded their rake and/or bonus structures, I would say no.

like you said, it only affects "a couple of dudes".

celiboy 12-02-2005 02:05 AM

IN the past month at peak time there were about 10 - 15 tables at .5/1 full....tonight there were 4. Seemed to be a few more 1/2 full than usual as I guess the whores (me included) realized the bonus is impossible to clear at .5/1

POKhER 12-02-2005 09:34 AM

Well hopefully all the tags will leave my .50/1 and 1/2 6max games and go play 2/4 [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

I can hope.
Ill be working towards 2/4 faster now.

BillsChips 12-02-2005 12:16 PM

I just opened my first Internet account 2 weeks ago, and it was at Absolute. I'm half way thru clearing my $190 bonus and they changed the min raked hand criteria (for bonus clearing) from $.25 to $.50. This seems a bit extreme and slightly unethical. When I signed up, I agreed to their bonus clearing requirements. As far as I'm concerned, that's a contract and shouldn't be altered mid-stream.

I've been playing .50/1.00 9max tables. With the tightness of these tables (2-3 to a flop), it'll take a long time to clear the rest of my bonus.

On the plus side, I've improved my tight-game play tremendously.

Bill

TheIrishThug 12-02-2005 12:22 PM

check the T&C again, i would not be surprised if there was a line that said we r allowed to alter this at anytime. which would mean they r not breaking the terms of the contract when it changed.

12-02-2005 12:26 PM

They probably have every right to do it, but it's still kinda shady, and a poor service to the customer. They shouldn't offer a promotion, knowing they are going to change the rules, and then save themselves with the fine pringt. I am in the same boat on this deal, so i am just going to cut free of absolute and go to a different site. I emailed them, and they show little interest in helping me.

Dave H. 12-02-2005 12:30 PM

I'm done with them...they obviously don't want the "little guy"; so be it.

12-02-2005 12:55 PM

its padded my bank roll by ck raising those tight weak bonus chasing whores

this is the best 5 days i have had on AP playing 1/2 limit
if i could get over my NL crack addiction i would be running very well.

on a lighter note i donot have rakeback or didnt do a reload bonus, and i cant bring my self to play anywhere else right now making 15$ an hour playing 2hrs a day on 2 tables

SomethingClever 12-02-2005 01:13 PM

They lost me. But I wasn't a profitable customer for them anyway.

Although I did start an awful lot of tables for them. And play HU and 3 handed to keep them going.