Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Messianic Jews (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=352392)

BoxTree 10-07-2005 09:30 AM

Messianic Jews

Gamblor 10-07-2005 09:36 AM

a.k.a. Jews for Jesus n/m

n/m

BoxTree 10-07-2005 09:39 AM

Re: a.k.a. Jews for Jesus n/m

[ QUOTE ]
n/m

[/ QUOTE ]

Jews for Jesus are NOT the same as Messianic Jews.

daryn 10-07-2005 09:40 AM

Re: Messianic Jews

well, give a definition, or stop being a polltard.

in fact do both

[censored]?

BoxTree 10-07-2005 09:46 AM

Basically, a Messianic Jew follows all of the same customs, traditions, and observances as an Orthodox Jew. But they believe that Jesus is the Messiah. To my knowledge, the only difference between an Orthodox Jewish service and a Messianic Jewish service is that the latter concludes with a reading from Apostles. Crosses, crucifixes, etc. would never be found in a Messianic Jewish temple.

samjjones 10-07-2005 09:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Basically, a Messianic Jew follows all of the same customs, traditions, and observances as an Orthodox Jew. But they believe that Jesus is the Messiah. To my knowledge, the only difference between an Orthodox Jewish service and a Messianic Jewish service is that the latter concludes with a reading from Apostles. Crosses, crucifixes, etc. would never be found in a Messianic Jewish temple.

[/ QUOTE ]
I may be wrong, but if you accept Jesus is the Messiah, you are by definition "Christian". No matter what customs you practice.

daryn 10-07-2005 09:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

so basically what gamblor conveyed to me in three words?

the important thing, do they look as ridiculous? with the curly sideburns and whatnot?

IndieMatty 10-07-2005 10:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

so basically what gamblor conveyed to me in three words?

the important thing, do they look as ridiculous? with the curly sideburns and whatnot?

[/ QUOTE ]

Not at all.

miajag81 10-07-2005 10:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I may be wrong, but if you accept Jesus is the Messiah, you are by definition "Christian". No matter what customs you practice.

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly.

MrMon 10-07-2005 11:22 AM

One could make the arguement that the Lubavitchers are Messianic Jews, although this is not a traditional argument. They just have a different Messiah.