Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Anyone ever heard of this? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=279266)

utmt40 06-23-2005 09:38 PM

Anyone ever heard of this?

I'm looking for a new apt in a different town and every [censored] place I find has an income restriction and I make too damn much to live there. I dont need a house or anything and I dont really have that much stuff. This is really starting to get under my skin.

Patrick del Poker Grande 06-23-2005 09:39 PM

Re: Anyone ever heard of this?

This is odd that they won't let you in because you make too much money. Are you looking in the projects or something?

utmt40 06-23-2005 09:57 PM

No, these places are just as nice as the place I am living in now. Thats why I dont understand.

2+2 wannabe 06-23-2005 10:06 PM

some cities have areas with housing restricted for a certain level of income to ensure that "poorer" people have housing

dunno if that's the case here though....

yoadrians 06-23-2005 10:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
some cities have areas with housing restricted for a certain level of income to ensure that "poorer" people have housing

dunno if that's the case here though....

[/ QUOTE ]

Very, very common, affordable housing is.

Star Wars I just watched, can you tell?

Hiding 06-23-2005 10:10 PM

Are you looking at apartments that are too cheap? Typically that housing is subsidised, so add two hundred and look at those apartments.

pshreck 06-23-2005 10:37 PM

You are looking at goverment assisted housing. It isnt legal for private sellers to put a ceiling on income for their residents.

utmt40 06-23-2005 10:51 PM

I pay 425 a month in the place I am at now. That includes internet, cable and water. This is the best and nicest apts in Cookeville. I go and look at some nice places in Lebanon, Mt. Juliet and Gallatin. They are 200 dollars more than what I am used to and just a big if not a little smaller. It doesnt make sense to me. [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

Edit: I can afford to pay more but it just doesnt make any sense.

Patrick del Poker Grande 06-23-2005 10:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I pay 425 a month in the place I am at now. That includes internet, cable and water. This is the best and nicest apts in Cookeville. I go and look at some nice places in Lebanon, Mt. Juliet and Gallatin. They are 200 dollars more than what I am used to and just a big if not a little smaller. It doesnt make sense to me. [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

Edit: I can afford to pay more but it just doesnt make any sense.

[/ QUOTE ]
$425/month? Are you kidding? Is all of Tennessee that cheap?

utmt40 06-23-2005 10:58 PM

Cookeville is one of the cheapest places to live in Tennessee. However, its not so [censored] hole either if thats what you are thinking. Its more of a small college town.