Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro-Limits (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   I'm bored with $0.50/$1 talk me out of going to 1/2 (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=150924)

meanjean 11-18-2004 11:06 PM

I\'m bored with $0.50/$1 talk me out of going to 1/2

After reading SSHE, I have taken 36 bucks and turned it into 503...okay 499 after the last hand. But this is so rediculusly (slansky putting out a book on spelling?) easy, I'm getting bored. It's taken me about 10,000 hands. I've learned many things. First and foremost, I cannot multi-table at this point. Second, I'm trying to hang until I get to 300 BB to move to 1/2 but it's taking forever at 10-15 bucks per day.

So I want to move up but as that the advise here has served me quite well, I thought I would ask if there is a reason that I should wait some more.

Feel free to vent all opinions....hell insult me if you want...but I can't see a reason to wait for the last 100 bucks.

Frog321 11-18-2004 11:29 PM

Re: I\'m bored with $0.50/$1 talk me out of going to 1/2

If you're bored, you probably won't be playing well. You are not that far off with your bankroll. I vote give it a shot. Sounds like a change might do you good, especially if you take the approach that you are there to learn and improve. If the money is not a big issue, move. If a bad run at first will cause you pain, wait till you have more bankroll. Just my humble opinion. I've been playing 1 2 for the last month or so and enjoy it much more than .50 1. Good luck.

twankerr 11-18-2004 11:30 PM

lots of people take shots at limits and then hope they run good and stay up there. if you are willing to drop back down to .5/1 if you lose $100 then by all mines go up to 1/2.

Greg J 11-18-2004 11:34 PM

I am ashamed to say that I have the BR for 2/4, but am still in the shallow end of .5/1. I am just extra conservative when it comes to my bankroll. There is an excellent chance you are just running well right now, but you are also likely a winning player. When winners run well the money seems to pour in.

Best of luck in whatever you decide.

Greg

EDIT: Bonus whoring will help alleviate any downswings you might have. PokerNOW and Party both have relaods right now. I suggest you take advantage.

mmbt0ne 11-18-2004 11:42 PM

All my PT stats on you are good, and everytime you've sat at my table you've seemed to play solid poker. A few mistakes here and there, but we all do that from time to time. I say give 1/2 a shot, listen to Greg's advice on bonus-whoring, and if that doesn't work out, slip back down and practice 2-tabling the .50/1 tables. That's what I do now, but I've been throwing in a 3rd from time to time, even with massive overlap, to get ready for 4-tabling and to clear bonuses quicker.

bergh 11-18-2004 11:47 PM

Bonus whore to build up your bankroll. I recommend Paradise (you will get the opportunity to play tighter players without risking to much money). The only cure for boredom is multitabling. I haven't played half as many tables as you have and I'm starting to get quite comfortable with two tables... I think it is less risky than going to 1/2.

/d

EliteNinja 11-19-2004 12:03 AM

I also have just about enough for 2/4 and still 3-table $0.50-$1.00.
I think that multi-tabling is an excellent skill to learn and will up your potential earn without that much risk since it is at the same limit. Plus, you can bonus whore in no time flat. I am a fan of being uber conservative in the bankroll department.

meanjean 11-19-2004 12:24 AM

still a newbie I guess

bonus whoring...I get...go to the sites and take advantage of their offers....but another question comes to mind of net-teller....it seems to be the way every site suggests...

I'm a coward with my bank account and have only bought in with the phone cards....do most people set up a separate account and then hook that up with net teller? Or is there another way to go to put money into all these sites??

thanks for the input

SomethingClever 11-19-2004 12:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
First and foremost, I cannot multi-table at this point.

[/ QUOTE ]

There's reason enough right there to stay at .5/1 for a while. Add a table, then another, then another, as you get comfortable. Will take the boredom away quickly.

Believe me, you're going to want to be multitabling soon.

Edit: I'm owning 4 tables as I post this.

Greg J 11-19-2004 12:30 AM

Re: still a newbie I guess

You can deposit money directly from your bank account into Neteller. Alternately, you can set up a Neteller account and deposit yr poker funds there. You will have to call them and yell at them before they unlock your account. Don't panic -- they do this for security reasons. Neteller is pretty much a prerequisite for being an online poker player -- I think >90% 2+2ers use it.

You also wanna bookmark bonuswhores.com

If you have any other questions, just ask!

[img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Greg