Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Shorthanded (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   3/6 AK on the river (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=383267)

11-22-2005 11:19 AM

3/6 AK on the river

Im starting to find clear folds. But it doesnt feel good. Villain is 77/0/0.30(114 hands) but 1.18 on the river agg.

PokerStars 3/6 Hold'em (6 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is Button with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (4.33 SB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (4.16 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (6.16 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 7.16 BB

27offsooot 11-22-2005 11:23 AM

Re: 3/6 AK on the river

I would fold turn, or possibly flop vs. this opponent (barring specific reads that he likes to semi-bluff lots).

spydog 11-22-2005 11:29 AM

Against a player this passive I would fold the flop.

Against an aggressive player, I would play it the same way you did.

stigmata 11-22-2005 11:34 AM

Against this guy I would peel and fold the turn. I would expect someone like this to slowplay his big hands (2 pair and up), so I really do think we usually have somwhere between 3 and 6 outs.

11-22-2005 11:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Against this guy I would peel and fold the turn. I would expect someone like this to slowplay his big hands (2 pair and up), so I really do think we usually have somwhere between 3 and 6 outs.

[/ QUOTE ]
That was my thought as well. These guys fast play bluffs and slowplay good hands. On the river however I felt that I couldnt even beat a bluff.

11-22-2005 11:43 AM

The pot is small, you got checkraised on the flop, and led into on the turn. I think to call the turn bet you need to put him on an all out bluff, and from his numbers I don't think you can do that. Fold the turn.

Chairman Wood 11-22-2005 11:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
77/0/0.30(114 hands)

[/ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Turn: (4.16 BB) Q

[/ QUOTE ]
Definately fold the turn. Perhaps as stated before a flop fold may be in order. I probably would peel the flop when involved in the hand put looking at it from this (a more clear) point of view I think a flop fold is best. This guy is pretty passive. He needs something to do this to you so you are probably dealing with an overpair (AA-99), pair matching the board which may or may not have you reverse dominated, two pair or set or made str8 (which you [censored]). Getting 7:1 and some seemingly bad reverse implied odds and what isn't a 6 out draw. I think a flop fold.

11-22-2005 11:53 AM

You really think a guy with 0.30 agg will CR me with a hand I cant beat? Imo this guy is waiting to the river or the turn to pop me if he has a good hand. This is imo a pure bluff or a small pair. The only reason I didnt call the river was because I probably couldnt beat a bluff anymore. But maybe I have got it backwards. You all seem to give credit to this donk so perhaps I should start doing it too.

11-22-2005 12:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You really think a guy with 0.30 agg will CR me with a hand I cant beat? Imo this guy is waiting to the river or the turn to pop me if he has a good hand. This is imo a pure bluff or a small pair.

[/ QUOTE ]

So his low aggression factor means that when he checkraises the flop, he is on a bluff? I agree that he might be on a low pair. But we might have four outs left. He could easily have paired his low card with an ace as the other card.

27offsooot 11-22-2005 12:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You really think a guy with 0.30 agg will CR me with a hand I cant beat? Imo this guy is waiting to the river or the turn to pop me if he has a good hand. This is imo a pure bluff or a small pair. The only reason I didnt call the river was because I probably couldnt beat a bluff anymore. But maybe I have got it backwards. You all seem to give credit to this donk so perhaps I should start doing it too.

[/ QUOTE ]

The board is also drawy, even idiots can see that and may not want to wait till turn with two pair type hands. Regardless, i think u'll see a bluff pretty much never vs. this opponent and calling the turn is a mistake.