Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   200 NL deepish stacks, huge decision (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=381497)

KSakuraba 11-19-2005 11:05 AM

200 NL deepish stacks, huge decision

Have been multi-tabling so no real reads, except that haven't seen villain do anything out of line yet.

Effective stacks for both are ~350

Villain raises to 7 from MP
CO calls
Hero calls from button with K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
bb calls

Flop (Pot ~30)
Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
bb checks
Villain bets 20
CO folds
Hero raises to 60
bb folds
Villain raises to 180
Hero...????? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

So at that point it's 120 to call for pot of 270 but calling would certainly commit hero as both would've only ~150 behind on turn.

So...push or fold?? Im confused...

Thanks guys,

Saku

barongreenback 11-19-2005 11:28 AM

Re: 200 NL deepish stacks, huge decision

I would fold. Your effective odds are poor. The most obvious result is that you're drawing to a flush or are crushed.

I wouldn't have raised in the first place. He's bet with a scary flop and 2 players left to act so he likely has a piece of it. If you are ahead you aren't very vulnerable. If he reraises you may waste outs when you fold. Use your position.

James

11-19-2005 12:37 PM

What hands do you beat? You have top pair but lose to AK, a hand that villan could easily have raised with. Even on the flush draw there is a possiblitiy that it is not the nuts. I think I would fold. I agree that the reraise puts you in a bad spot. Now to call the reraise you are risking you entire stack with a hand that is not the nuts.

emil3000 11-19-2005 12:45 PM

Pretty easy fold, he has A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]A, or something like that v often. I'd probably just call the flop and see what happens on the turn. Also, I'd fold preflop.

lautzutao 11-19-2005 12:47 PM

I don't think you should be calling raises preflop with KQo, even if you're on the button...

That being said villian seems to have top pair beat if he's making a raise this large. I'd just let it go here.

kitaristi0 11-19-2005 12:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't think you should be calling raises preflop with KQo

[/ QUOTE ]

emil3000 11-19-2005 12:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I would fold. Your effective odds are poor. The most obvious result is that you're drawing to a flush or are crushed.

I wouldn't have raised in the first place. He's bet with a scary flop and 2 players left to act so he likely has a piece of it. If you are ahead you aren't very vulnerable. If he reraises you may waste outs when you fold. Use your position.

James

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmm, I should have just quoted you.