Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   One-table Tournaments (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   overplay of AKs? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=172938)

IvyGrizzly 01-07-2005 07:54 PM

overplay of AKs?

*First hand of a pacific 10-man 10+1 SnG, blinds 10/20, I'm on the button*

3rd to act puts in a raise of 44, making it 66 to call. The table folds to me, and I reraise to 120 with AKs (on average in an SnG I'm putting the guy about 20% on pair that has me dominated, 30% a weaker ace or a shared AK, and the rest a pair 10-QQ.) The BB calls, and the original raiser goes all-in. The BB called without much hesitation, and I get the feeling he's going to be going all-in, so I'm getting 2 to 1 on my money right now. Sharing scares me a little bit.

Should I have folded this with the shows of strength and waited for a better time later in the tourney? Not reraising to see a flop seems like a bad play.

syka16 01-07-2005 08:02 PM

Re: overplay of AKs?

fold

Marcotte 01-07-2005 08:14 PM

Meh. Call. At $10 they range of hands you'll get shown by the first all-in is pretty wide. BB is a concern. Wouldn't call with os, but it's sooooooted. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

gorgeous 01-07-2005 09:18 PM

An easy fold.

stillnotking 01-07-2005 09:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
*First hand of a pacific 10-man 10+1 SnG, blinds 10/20, I'm on the button*

3rd to act puts in a raise of 44, making it 66 to call. The table folds to me, and I reraise to 120 with AKs (on average in an SnG I'm putting the guy about 20% on pair that has me dominated, 30% a weaker ace or a shared AK, and the rest a pair 10-QQ.) The BB calls, and the original raiser goes all-in. The BB called without much hesitation, and I get the feeling he's going to be going all-in, so I'm getting 2 to 1 on my money right now. Sharing scares me a little bit.

Should I have folded this with the shows of strength and waited for a better time later in the tourney? Not reraising to see a flop seems like a bad play.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow. You sure give those $10 players a lot of credit. To fold AKs in this spot I would have to be pretty sure that one of the two players had AA or KK, and unless I had played with them before, I wouldn't be that sure. I would call. When chumps are going all-in early, and I have a monster hand, I feel free to gamble with them -- someone will get their chips, why not me? I have many times tripled up in Level I. If they snap me off or show me a bigger hand, so be it. I'd rather finish 10th than 4th. Nice hand. Next!

IvyGrizzly 01-07-2005 11:21 PM

So far the advice is 50/50 fold/call [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

Pepsquad 01-08-2005 02:52 AM

Are you making money long-term playing SNG's?

If yes, Fold.

If no, Call.

rybones 01-08-2005 09:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Are you making money long-term playing SNG's?

If yes, Fold.

If no, Call.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is really great advice. Concise and right on!!!!!!

Vetstadium 01-08-2005 10:41 AM

As much as I hate to to this two all ins and I think I am at least facing one high pair I fold here. Even at the $22 tables lot of times see my hand would have hit but lunatics go all in with even sixes here.

two_dogs 01-08-2005 11:54 AM

Ok here is my two cents worth and that is about what it is worth. I think if you are trying to find the "correct" action regardless of the buy-in it would be to fold. If raiser and BB both have underpairs your a 39 to 71% dog.
But if I were in a ring game I would lose $10 and not feel like I made a mistake losing it.

peace