Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Checkraised on a terrible flop (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=260320)

Ghazban 05-27-2005 11:54 AM

Checkraised on a terrible flop

UB .25/.50 blinds, villain and I both have about $50. I have him covered by a buck or two.

I'm UTG+3 w/ A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

Villain openraises to $1.75 UTG+1, I reraise to $6. All fold to him and he calls.

Flop K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (~$12.75 less rake)

He checks, I bet $12.75, he pushes for ~$42 total. I know I'll see AdKx and QdQx much of the time, KK/99/33 sometimes, and AdQd rarely (players at these stakes will often slowplay the flopped nut flush). Given that I can't be ahead by all that much and I might be way behind, do I have to fold this?

amoeba 05-27-2005 11:56 AM

Re: Checkraised on a terrible flop

if you think he is liable to do this with a naked Ad, I would call, otherwise I fold.

TheWorstPlayer 05-27-2005 12:15 PM

Easiest check behind on the flop I have ever seen.

Leaky Game 05-27-2005 12:15 PM

I probably fold although I've become weaker and weaker with an overpair/TPTK in large pots.

I think he's got top pair with a high diamond. Let's say A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]K...so he's got two shots at 11 outs...what is that like 35-40%? The problem comes in that you're drawing to 2 outs if he's got a set. Now that I think about it, I'd probably pay him off if he flopped the set and hope another diamond doesn't pop. If you really think he's still on a draw, you have to call.

I'm admittedly weak in these spots, so take my advice with a grain of salt.

Ghazban 05-27-2005 12:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What do you do if he bets into you on a blank turn?

TheWorstPlayer 05-27-2005 12:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What do you do if he bets into you on a blank turn?

[/ QUOTE ]
Call.

Ghazban 05-27-2005 12:27 PM

And on the river?

thegoose420 05-27-2005 12:43 PM

I hate having to lay down AA, but i think this is one of the times when you have to. at this level players generally slow play the nut flush, and since the villian seems kinda aggressive, i would say you are way behind.

TheWorstPlayer 05-27-2005 12:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
And on the river?

[/ QUOTE ]
Call.

Ghazban 05-27-2005 12:52 PM

How is checking behind on the flop and then calling off your stack any different than betting the flop and calling an all-in checkraise? I think you win less against a naked ace of diamonds (as they won't put any more in on the river but would've been all-in sooner) but still lose when you're behind. Is it worth it to take this line just so you can fold if a 4th diamond hits?