Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Turkey and Stuff (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=151645)

Zeno 11-21-2004 01:42 AM

Turkey and Stuff

What are some good turkey cooking tips - Or the best way to cook the bird on Thanksgiving? Traditional rooster style or....? One year I helped make a bourbon turkey.

The other big thing is stuffing. Without good stuffing a Thanksgiving dinner is sub par at best. We had great stuffing from a family recipe. I know it included bread that was aged to perfection (let it sit out for days) sausage, and a mix of great spices. My sister and Mom still use it.

And if anyone suggests putting raisins in turkey stuffing they should be banded forever from the Other Other Topics Forum. Or at least shot.

-Zeno

astroglide 11-21-2004 06:41 PM

Re: Turkey and Stuff

deep fried or turducken, google for them and then search here for threads that have discussed them already

ThaSaltCracka 11-21-2004 06:44 PM

yeah I also recommend either deep frying it, or BBQ it over some charcoals.

HDPM 11-21-2004 07:43 PM

Turkey has no place at a holiday table IMO. It is for crappy sandwiches during the year when you are thinking of eating something that will clog your arteries slower than a decent sandwich with good cold cuts. Nasty vile dry ass POS bird. Feh.

Finally this year we don't have to go to any family members' house. No friends' house. No family arguments, no houses where they parcel out $14/bottle rancid scotch like it's liquid gold and you have to tase the secret family recipe for okra and oyster jello with grit that senile aunt Mable loved so much before her demise. I am going to sit on my fat American ass at my home and eat standing rib roast and drink good cabernet after getting my fill of good whisky during the football game. There is my recipe for thanksgiving bliss. Have it at your house with a very limited guest list, serve beef and good booze. Ah. No F'in turkey. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Edge34 11-21-2004 07:49 PM

Isn't turducken one of those insane Madden creations, with the duck inside a chicken inside the turkey?

dogsballs 11-21-2004 09:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
yeah I also recommend either deep frying it, or BBQ it over some charcoals.

[/ QUOTE ]

How'd you BBQ it? My gf is insiting on turkey, so I said only if we BBQ it. ...I just haven't got a clue, except maybe to hack it down the middle and splay it.

Any better tips than this?

sfer 11-21-2004 10:13 PM

For a standard turkey, brining works well.

Zeno 11-21-2004 10:14 PM

You can BBQ Turkey much like you do chicken.

-Zeno

OrangeHeat 11-21-2004 10:18 PM

Deep fired. Tried it last year and will never roast one again.

Something about the very real possibility of burning your arm off in a gigantic grease fire makes it interesting.

Orange

Zeno 11-21-2004 10:18 PM

I'm humbled and in awe of such a throughly rancid and misanthropic post. Excellent job. I'm downing a stiff Maker's Mark in Salute.

By the way, HDPM (& HDPW)- Happy Thanksgiving! [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

-Zeno