Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Terrorism in Iraq (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=66914)

ThaSaltCracka 02-11-2004 03:54 PM

Terrorism in Iraq

what do you gusy think about the recent wave of homicide bombers in Iraq. Most of these people aren't even Iraqis, they are islamic terrorists there to disrupt the peace process. I think it is somewhat funny that these terrorists think that by killing Iraqis as well as American soldiers they will gain support. If they keep on killing Iraqi citizens there will be a huge backlash.

Thoughts?

Gamblor 02-11-2004 04:08 PM

Re: Terrorism in Iraq

They don't care about support.

They only care about Allah.

ThaSaltCracka 02-11-2004 04:30 PM

what I was trying to allude to is, if the terrorists continue their attacks, IMO there could be a backlash from the Iraqis.

MMMMMM 02-11-2004 06:46 PM

Exactly. And while the backlash it may hurt the cause of the fanatics and cause them to adjust their plans, it will not dull their fervor. For they are deluded into thinking they are at war for the sake of bringing God's will to earthly affairs.

bigpooch 02-12-2004 07:07 AM

Most of the population is Shiite or Sunni Muslims and most
of them probably don't want another secular government to
replace Saddam Hussein's! Therefore, it's no surprise if
most Iraqis aren't concerned about the homicide bombers if
they believe that increases the likelihood of a Shiite-Sunni
dominated government.

ACPlayer 02-12-2004 07:39 AM

Most doubtful.

Most Iraqi's probably blame the continued occupation of their land by the infidels to be the root cause of the insurgency.

The vast majority of the Iraqi's in the South would like to see a Shia non-secular govt take over; The Sunni's would like to rescue Saddam; The Kurds probably are ruing the day they supported the war, as they had pretty much the run of their home lands (the ol' northern no-fly zone) and are now trying to beg scraps on the negotiating tables.

MMMMMM 02-12-2004 07:47 AM

"Most Iraqi's probably blame the continued occupation of their land by the infidels to be the root cause of the insurgency."

Average Iraqis are not that dimwitted, ACPlayer, and they are starting to get pissed at the jihadis now. Why are they getting pissed at the jihadis? Because the jihadis are killing mostly Iraqis.

ACPlayer 02-12-2004 08:03 AM

We shall see.

You have not been right about anything yet. Perhaps this will be a first.

Gamblor 02-12-2004 01:28 PM

what I was trying to allude to is, if the terrorists continue their attacks, IMO there could be a backlash from the Iraqis.

And what i was trying to allude to, is that may be well and good, but they don't care. All they care about is liberating Allah's land.

Whether Islam is their excuse for an Arab-fascist imperialist ideology, or they indeed believe Islam commands them to terrorize anyone associated with the enemy (i.e. civilians), is irrelevant. But popular support is not relevant to them. Nor should it be.

If Israel were to demand popular support to undertake action, we would be arguing the causes behind the second Jewish Holocaust right now.

ThaSaltCracka 02-12-2004 02:07 PM

gamblor what I am even more alluding too, is the continue killing of iraqis' at the hands of th terrorists could result in Iraqis attacking foreigners, ie, terrorists.