Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   AA against LAG who moves in on Turn (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=388864)

12-01-2005 01:03 AM

AA against LAG who moves in on Turn

Villan is 40/15/4.5
I had been pretty active recently and probably had a LAG image. After the highly coordinated flop, I was probably ahead, but if I bet strongly I would fold out most pairs that he might have and get called by hands that beat me. I decided to keep the pot small and charge draws only marginally. Also, it increases the opportunity for him to bluff which seemed good for several reasons: because he's LAG, short stacked, and I didn't think I should fold to a push given his stack size. I'm not sure about this reasoning. Any advice appreciated.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $1.00 BB (5 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Hero ($252.50)
Button ($106.15)
SB ($39)
BB ($133.05)
UTG ($62.95)

Preflop: Hero is MP with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
UTG calls $1, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $4</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, UTG calls $3.

Flop: ($9.50) J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $6</font>, UTG calls $6.

Turn: ($21.50) 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $10</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises to $52.95</font>, Hero calls $42.95.

River: ($127.40) 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

Final Pot: $127.40

wdeadwyler 12-01-2005 01:05 AM

Re: AA against LAG who moves in on Turn

I think he has you beat with Kx and either flopped two pair or turned it. Would he do this with an UI k? Prob not, I think I fold here.

MTBlue 12-01-2005 01:16 AM

Check this turn.

Call bet on end. This board lets this guy bluff like crazy. Betting the turn is alright but I probably move in. Look at this guy's aggression factore he almost never calls so he is coming over the top your small bet of a ton. Also your turn bet is going to be a deterrent to his bluffing the river.

12-01-2005 01:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Check this turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

Free card? I didn't know that was allowed. interesting.

Recliner 12-01-2005 01:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Check this turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

Free card? I didn't know that was allowed. interesting.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm going to have to agree. Checking the turn is the worst possible decision you could make.

If you have a LAG image you should be jamming the pot to try to induce a bluff on the flop and turn or you might even get called down. The line you took might not be so bad on a highly coordinated board. You don't need to get fancy with the short stack with this board. I would have bet the pot on the flop to find out where I was in the hand.

12-01-2005 01:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If you have a LAG image you should be jamming the pot to try to induce a bluff on the flop... ....I would have bet the pot on the flop to find out where I was in the hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm confused. If jamming the flop induces a bluff than how do find out where I am?

Hoopster81 12-01-2005 02:03 AM

I would have raised to at least 5 pre-flop. Bet the pot flop/turn, getting all-in on turn is fine here. That flop was draw heavy.

12-01-2005 02:16 AM

i think the flop bet is too small...turn im moving all in...if he has his set or 2 pair so be it...

12-01-2005 02:25 AM

No turn checking on this board and against this type of player. Pot the flop and at least 3/4 the turn. At that point, theres no getting away from whatever he has.

Reef 12-01-2005 02:28 AM

pfr to 5, bet around 3/4 pot flop, bet around 3/4 pot again turn, call raise.