Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   US Open Predictions (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=94649)

Bill Murphy 06-16-2004 02:09 AM

US Open Predictions

Gotta go w/either VJ or Mick at Shinnecock, although I s'pose Harrington has to win something at some point. Euro ain't won the US Open since Jacklin in '69(?), which is just unbelievable. Faldo & Monty should be ashamed.

BeerMoney 06-16-2004 09:27 AM

Re: US Open Predictions

1.) The Big Easy.. Ernie Els
2.) Long John Daly

TheRake 06-16-2004 09:45 AM

Fred Couples may not win, but he is playing great golf right now and would be a very popular champion if he can pull it off. Realistically I would prolly go with Ernie or VJ.

TheRake

HDPM 06-16-2004 10:16 AM

Belly putters aren't supposed to win the US Open. I hope the USGA bans them. So I can't go w/ VJ. If Tiger keeps hitting his stinger, watch out. Don't bet against him, although it is hard to pick him.

Who likes Duval as the comeback kid this week? [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

nolanfan34 06-16-2004 11:51 AM

Vijay and Mickelson would not surprise me. I expect to see K.J. Choi up near the top again as well. But my darkhorse pick, you heard it here first, is Chad Campbell. I think he has a good chance.

Harrington is the best Euro with a chance, although Sergio has been playing really well. It's going to be a great tournament.

bingledork 06-16-2004 12:19 PM

I hate the belly putters. It's such a cop-out.
So for that reason I don't like Vijay.

Of course Freddy is the man, and he uses one now. I'd like to see Freddy do well, but not with that cheatin' putter.

I'd like to see Phil go on a tear and win another major.

M2d 06-16-2004 12:34 PM

Parker Mclachlin

Kurn, son of Mogh 06-16-2004 12:47 PM

No prediction, but wouldn't it be great to see Sergio and Tiger as the final twosome on Sunday?

andyfox 06-16-2004 01:09 PM

Last time they played there, even par won the tournament, and I think one under won it the time before.

If I had to pick, I'd take Els. I don't think Tiger has much chance on a course where hitting it straight off the tee is at a premium. Then again, he's only won forty times so far, including an incredible nine-shot Open win at Pebble Beach.

Six_of_One 06-16-2004 01:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Then again, he's only won forty times so far, including an incredible nine-shot Open win at Pebble Beach.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not to nitpick (well, maybe a little), but Tiger's win in the Open at Pebble Beach was actually by 15 strokes. He finished at -12, Els was 2nd at +3. Can't get much more amazing than that.