Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Best movie you're embarassed to say that you've seen (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=152726)

Sponger15SB 11-23-2004 01:35 PM

Best movie you\'re embarassed to say that you\'ve seen

The Piano

andyfox 11-23-2004 01:52 PM

Re: Best movie you\'re embarassed to say that you\'ve seen

My daughter had never seen The Piano and I urged her to rent it. She asked me what it was about. Here's what I told her:

I takes place maybe about 100 years ago. A woman from England, who is not deaf, but cannot speak, it sent to New Zealand in an arranged marriage. She plays these strange, haunting pieces on her grand piano. She has a daughter. The piano is too heavy to be transported from where the boat docks to the town where they live. So they leave the piano on the beach.

The woman is unhappy without her piano. Her relationship with her husband is cordial, but not sensual. Their next-door neighbor, who has gone "native" a bit, goes to get the piano, which he buys from the woman's husband. He now asks the woman for piano lessons. She give him the lessons and he tells her she can buy the piano back from him, one key at a time. Each lesson he gets a little more forward with her, first just sitting next to her, then touching her, and things take off from there. They end up having an affair and the husband finds out. Things get wild from there.

Man, who thought up such a story?

Anyway, I agree, it's a great movie and I'm not the least bit embarrassed to say I've seen it and loved it. The best part about it is not having to listen to Holly Hunter speak.

GoblinMason (Craig) 11-23-2004 02:04 PM

My big fat greek wedding....and I'm even more embarassed to say that I liked it.

Toro 11-23-2004 02:33 PM

Titanic. Everybody makes fun of this movie so it's a little embarrassing to say that you not only saw it but liked it. But I liked it, so [censored] off. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

whiskeytown 11-23-2004 02:38 PM

I never made fun of the movie, but I made fun of Celine Dion singing the track...LOL

And I knew how it was going to end (not the boat sinking, but with him giving up his life to save her) - [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Otherwise, I think they should have given that boat the best actor award that yr...incredible.

RB

Topflight 11-23-2004 02:38 PM

I love Titanic

FatMan 11-23-2004 04:39 PM

Dude Where's My Car

AngryCola 11-23-2004 04:43 PM

I've seen a lot of bad movies, and I mean..... A LOT of bad movies. Many more than once. I have seen just about every MST3K, but I'm not sure if those movies count.

The first movie that comes to my mind is:

Kangaroo Jack

Twice. [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

B Dids 11-23-2004 04:57 PM

My shame isn't the movie as much the frequency. I've seen Adventures in Babbysitting 3 times... in the theater.

AngryCola 11-23-2004 05:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
My shame isn't the movie as much the frequency. I've seen Adventures in Babbysitting 3 times... in the theater.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's a sad horrible world! I've seen that movie more than 3 times, but only once in the theater.