Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Micro-Limits (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Plan for the turn? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=146013)

Jaran 11-07-2004 03:31 PM

Plan for the turn?

Table is playing ubertight. Please don't talk about table selection, because I know [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]. Villian in this hand has only been at the table but two hands, so I don't have any read on him at all. What is your plan for the turn. I'm not going to post my thoughts because I am interested on others opinions. Thanks in advance.

-Jaran

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (8 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is CO with T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="666666">3 folds</font>, MP2 calls, Hero raises, <font color="666666">3 folds</font>, MP2 calls.

Flop: (5.50 SB) T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
MP2 bets, Hero raises, MP2 calls.

Turn: (4.75 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
MP2 checks, Hero...

nyc999 11-07-2004 03:35 PM

Re: Plan for the turn?

bets

ig0r 11-07-2004 03:35 PM

Pot looks too small for fancy play, I'd show down as cheaply as possible

JDErickson 11-07-2004 03:38 PM

bet, fold to a CR

anyjack 11-07-2004 03:39 PM

I like betting on that scary card (flush/slight chance of str8) heads-up and see his reaction. If you get to the river without a reraise, he might often check the river. Bottom line I like your position with this one and the fact that you're heads up atm.

Shillx 11-07-2004 04:07 PM

Pot is small. I bet here and fold to a checkraise vs. an unknown in a pot this size.

The Shill

Entity 11-07-2004 04:17 PM

Hey Jaran,

I'm with the others on betting this and folding to a checkraise.

Rob

btspider 11-07-2004 04:24 PM

bet and fold to a raise.

so, what everyone else said..

Jaran 11-07-2004 09:25 PM

Re: Plan for the turn? results

[ QUOTE ]
Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (8 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is CO with T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="666666">3 folds</font>, MP2 calls, Hero raises, <font color="666666">3 folds</font>, MP2 calls.

Flop: (5.50 SB) T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
MP2 bets, Hero raises, MP2 calls.

Turn: (4.75 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
MP2 checks, Hero...

[/ QUOTE ]

bets, knowing he's going to be c/r, which, as expected, comes. Now here's where hero had brain lock. As many responded, the pot is small and this is a pretty easy fold, but I called down, and was shown A6 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] for the turned nut flush. After the hand, I was wondering about checking through the turn here. If I'm ahead, I'm giving up a little value if he'll call. If I'm behind, I can call down on the river for the same price as betting and folding to a c/r. Also, if I'm ahead, there's a chance he'll bluff at the river. Thoughts?

-Jaran

SCfuji 11-07-2004 09:36 PM

all,

i am very weak when it comes to folding hands like this when i am check raised. why is it that you all fold to a checkraise here when the 3rd flush card comes out (assuming villain is unknown)?

thanks,
fuji