Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   One-table Tournaments (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   How's this crazy idea for minimizing expenses while turning pro (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=259440)

AA suited 05-26-2005 02:01 AM

How\'s this crazy idea for minimizing expenses while turning pro

Get a van/suv to live out of. (bed in the back, plus portable fridge/portable stove. and/or Foreman's grill.)

Sell everything else that won't fit in there. When it gets too cold or too hot, drive to a better climate. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

get a gym membership so you can stay healthy in between playing, and to take showers.

play at free wireless hotspots. many small coffee shops in major cities offer free wireless. (obviously, u gota have a laptop.)

expenses:
car insurance (if it's too expensive, drive to another city/state [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] )
gas
gym membership
coffee/tea + refills
cell phone
po box

You're monthly expenses will be around $400/month. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

Scuba Chuck 05-26-2005 02:07 AM

Re: How\'s this crazy idea for minimizing expenses while turning pro

Just focus on winning, otherwise, get a job. If you can't make enough to afford $2k in living expenses, you can't afford to be a pro. [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

Scuba
PS - this will for sure increase your OOTM streak with regards to the sex life.

J-Lo 05-26-2005 02:07 AM

$400/month eh? and amortize in the expenses when u go crazy and have to pay your shrink...

Big Limpin' 05-26-2005 02:13 AM

i realized i spent more on coffee than rent last month...
do you offer a course in "non-retarded living"...cause i need to enroll in that. [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

BradleyT 05-26-2005 02:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Get a van/suv to live out of. (bed in the back, plus portable fridge/portable stove. and/or Foreman's grill.)

Sell everything else that won't fit in there. When it gets too cold or too hot, drive to a better climate. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

get a gym membership so you can stay healthy in between playing, and to take showers.

play at free wireless hotspots. many small coffee shops in major cities offer free wireless. (obviously, u gota have a laptop.)

expenses:
car insurance (if it's too expensive, drive to another city/state [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] )
gas
gym membership
coffee/tea + refills
cell phone
po box

You're monthly expenses will be around $400/month. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Living in a van down by the river is -EV.

treeofwisdom7 05-26-2005 02:30 AM

i like this idea lets get one and live together.. well call it the "cash van"..

DasLeben 05-26-2005 02:46 AM

Move to Northern AZ. Until my student loan payments kick in, I can live on $800/month in a 2-bedroom, 1100 sq. ft. house. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

The Yugoslavian 05-26-2005 02:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i like this idea lets get one and live together.. well call it the "cash van"..

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah....this one is just too easy.

*sigh*

I'll let someone else elaborate.

Yugoslav

Daliman 05-26-2005 02:52 AM

Ah, yes, the good life indeed.

SuitedSixes 05-26-2005 02:54 AM

Are you a Lumberjack?

BTW: Everytime I see your screen name I think, "Mmmm . . . lesbians."