Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Biggest misconception (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=150730)

ThaSaltCracka 11-18-2004 02:38 PM

Biggest misconception

"There are hot girls at the library"

this is bs, I have only seen maybe 3 hot girls at the library. There a few cute ones, but a lot of ugly ones.

Popinjay 11-18-2004 02:40 PM

Re: Biggest misconception

Isn't it true that all generalizations are false?

ThaSaltCracka 11-18-2004 02:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Isn't it true that all generalizations are false?

[/ QUOTE ] I think this is another misconception [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

MarkL444 11-18-2004 02:44 PM

there are hot girls at the library

Topflight 11-18-2004 02:45 PM

"I have only seen maybe 3 hot girls at the library"

Doesn't that make the statement true.

eric5148 11-18-2004 02:46 PM

Libary...is that the place where they keep the books?

ThaSaltCracka 11-18-2004 02:47 PM

you damn literal bastards, you guys know what I mean. People try to make it sound like the library is ripe with hot chicks, and its just plain silly, because they aren't.

Boris 11-18-2004 02:59 PM

The supermarket is where it's at bro. Here in Palo Alto the super hotties are found at the health food store. I'll bet it's pretty much the same in Seattle.

junkmail3 11-18-2004 03:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]

this is bs, I have only seen maybe 3 hot girls at the library. There a few cute ones, but a lot of ugly ones.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are right, because they're all at the laundr-o-mat! Get your close dirty and get there.

ThaSaltCracka 11-18-2004 03:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You are right, because they're all at the laundr-o-mat! Get your close dirty and get there.

[/ QUOTE ]

good idea, then I could one of them to do my laundry too!

jdl22 11-18-2004 03:13 PM

good one

jdl22 11-18-2004 03:13 PM

I think a greater misconception is that math majors are good at arithmetic.

NoPeak 11-18-2004 03:22 PM

If you want the really hot and freaky girls, just go to church sometime. I heard they hang out there on Sundays.

ThaSaltCracka 11-18-2004 03:23 PM

only at Catholic church, and I know this.

B Dids 11-18-2004 03:34 PM

TSC- Odegaard Libary on the UW campus. If you like Asian girls (Hi Daryn!!!) it's a goldmine.

daryn 11-18-2004 03:37 PM

so far away [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

B Dids 11-18-2004 03:40 PM

Whatever Mr. No Job No Dog, hop your ass on a plane.

ThaSaltCracka 11-18-2004 03:41 PM

dude, every library I go to is full of Asian women, its just that none of them are hot.

Lazymeatball 11-18-2004 03:47 PM

the hot girls at the library myth is a result of library goggles. The longer you you stay at the library, the hotter girls start to appear to you as you would rather think about anything else but what you are supposed to be studying. Anywhere else that physch/women's studies major would be butt ugly, but as you have been cramming for your orgo chem final all week all you can think about is bending her over the periodicals.

Topflight 11-18-2004 03:48 PM

Here's a misconception that I face.

Computer Science majors are experts on microsoft office products!?!?!

ThaSaltCracka 11-18-2004 03:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Here's a misconception that I face.

Computer Science majors are experts on microsoft office products!?!?!

[/ QUOTE ]you all aren't? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

Topflight 11-18-2004 04:16 PM

Just in case you aren't joking.

There are 0 of such classes in a computer science curriculum.

Luckily I can solve problems and the software is simple, so I can usually figure things out. But I rarely know the answer to some silly MSWord question off the top of my head, then I get faced with "weren't you a computer science major?"

Topflight 11-18-2004 04:20 PM

haha, a friend just instant messaged me.

"Hey computer boy, I'm taking a spanish class and I need to type spanish characters. How do I get word into like spanish mode?"

I can solve this problem, but it has nothing to do with computer science. It is in fact very far removed from computer science.

ThaSaltCracka 11-18-2004 04:49 PM

haha, I was sort of joking. I just assume that someone with a CS degree probably knows a lot about computers, so should probably know a lot about the programs on computers.

theBruiser500 11-18-2004 05:13 PM

actually saltcracka, i'm gonna hve to disagree here. at college i always noticed how fat girls were in the dining commons and at the library i always noticed how attractive they were. it was pretty clear.

ThaSaltCracka 11-18-2004 05:35 PM

based upon the heefers in the dining hall maybe, but overall, most of those broads in the library are kicked book worms.

But maybe your school is different.

Boris 11-18-2004 06:12 PM

So true.

sfer 11-18-2004 06:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
TSC- Odegaard Libary on the UW campus. If you like Asian girls (Hi Daryn!!!) it's a goldmine.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ditto Berkeley, 4th floor of Moffitt.

Blarg 11-18-2004 09:10 PM

You're in Seattle. The girls that are only cute enough for the libraries of other cities are probably homecoming queens for you guys, so what kind of left-overs could you expect to find in your libraries?

Ray Zee 11-18-2004 09:14 PM

they may not be the hottest but they are the keepers as you will find out some day.

ilya 11-18-2004 10:00 PM

Clearly we did not go to the same college. However I do think coffeeshop girls are hotter.

Lawrence Ng 11-18-2004 10:03 PM

Dude, you have obviously never been to the libraries here at the University of British Columbia.

ThaSaltCracka 11-19-2004 12:33 AM

I was mostly talking about public libraries..... hmmmm.... maybe I need to venture over to UW and look for some book worm lovin

Danenania 11-19-2004 02:03 AM

It's been my experience that good looking people in general don't hang out anywhere that's "public".

fsuplayer 11-19-2004 02:05 AM

Finals Week at FSU (actually a day and a half) rivals our supermarket on sundays, which needless to say, is unbelievable.

ThaSaltCracka 11-19-2004 02:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Finals Week at FSU (actually a day and a half) rivals our supermarket on sundays, which needless to say, is unbelievable.

[/ QUOTE ]but thats just 2 days though.

ThaSaltCracka 11-29-2004 09:55 PM

found one! amazing, this was like looking for big foot, except she is hot, female, and unhairy.

Reef 11-29-2004 10:03 PM

Go to any college campus in america. Then go inside the library. Look, and be amazed- dreams can come true

wacki 11-30-2004 12:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I was mostly talking about public libraries..... hmmmm.... maybe I need to venture over to UW and look for some book worm lovin

[/ QUOTE ]

There are boat loads of hot chicks at IU's main library. In fact a lot of sorrority girls go to the library due to cramped living conditions in sorrority houses. Bonus, you know the girls at the library are stable enough to take care of themselves, so they are worth taking a chance on.

sublime 11-30-2004 12:48 AM

when was the last time you went to the library? no really [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

fwiw, i spend a lot of time in bookstores and there are usually a good amount of attractive women around.

as for librarys, i havent checked in a long while and dont have any intentions of doing so.