Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   Other Other Topics (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Would it be ok to kill if someone was going to lie? (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=231912)

Jazza 04-14-2005 04:15 AM

Re: Would it be ok to kill if someone was going to lie?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I hope you guys are kidding saying you would kill 5 guards to save your own life

[/ QUOTE ]

Now let's be honest, here, how much of a life does a prison guard really have, anyway?

[/ QUOTE ]

more than 1/5 of my own

DBowling 04-14-2005 05:31 AM

as long as everything as you say in your post, then yes. i have no idea how i could be so sure that i wouldnt get caughht though. and whats your definition of extended period of time? im thinking 1 year+

edit: btw, i consider this self defense. if someone wishes to cause harm to me, i will defend myself by whatever means neccessary. the question about the 5 gaurds is quite different, as the guards are just doing their jobs. even if you killed them and got away, they already know who you and youd have to live your life as a fugitive.

thatpfunk 04-14-2005 05:38 AM

Not ok, but reasonable.

touchfaith 04-14-2005 05:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If someone was going to lie about you in court, and it would mean you going to jail for an extended period of time, would you kill them if you knew you would get away with it, and knew it would get you out of going to jail?

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you a Mormon? From what I've been reading here, it may matter.

[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

ilya 04-14-2005 05:43 AM

don't do it, Beer!

The Truth 04-14-2005 07:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
How bout you are 100% innocent but were convicted and sentenced to death. On the way to execution you have an opportunity to escape, but it involves killing 5 guards. What do you do?

[/ QUOTE ]

If the guards were 5 year olds, how many would you be able to take on at the same time...? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I love it.

dr. klopek 04-14-2005 07:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Dr. Klopec:

Why is that Buddist on fire?

[/ QUOTE ]

Because the Catholic-American supported south Vietnamese government practiced oppressive religious policies, persecuting buddhists.

Ass Master 04-14-2005 07:16 AM

Yes, and it's not even close.

InchoateHand 04-14-2005 09:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If someone was going to lie about you in court, and it would mean you going to jail for an extended period of time, would you kill them if you knew you would get away with it, and knew it would get you out of going to jail?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes.