Two Plus Two Older Archives

Two Plus Two Older Archives (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/index.php)
-   One-table Tournaments (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   How's this crazy idea for minimizing expenses while turning pro (http://archives2.twoplustwo.com/showthread.php?t=259440)

ilya 05-26-2005 03:27 AM

Re: How\'s this crazy idea for minimizing expenses while turning pro

[ QUOTE ]
i'm sold

moving to new haven!

Andre

[/ QUOTE ]

it definitely doesn't deserve its rep as a shithole.

Newt_Buggs 05-26-2005 03:42 AM

I've been toying with the idea of doing any one of these things for a couple of years after I graduate from college. I could save up a ton of money and easily buy a place to live once I'm ready to return to "normal" life and I'll never have to pay rent again. Even though the poker bubble will have bursted, I'll have something to show for it.

DasLeben 05-26-2005 03:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Are you a Lumberjack?

BTW: Everytime I see your screen name I think, "Mmmm . . . lesbians."

[/ QUOTE ]

Haha, yes, I am a lumberjack.

Funny though, since I get two reactions to my handle in my games: 1. "Reminds me of 'lesbian' LOL!!!11one" or 2. Random German such as "Wo wohnst du? Bist du Deutscher?"

It's funny either way.

viennagreen 05-26-2005 03:59 AM

are you serious about moving to Buenos Aires in August?

i'm currently living in Vegas, planning on moving down there for at least three months in September...

where are you looking for apartments? i've been thinking about going through these guys:
http://www.apartmentsba.com/system/c...o.php?id_cat=0

a little more expensive than $500/month, but very completely flexible lease, all utilities and high speed internet included, plus weekly maid service in most cases.

viennagreen 05-26-2005 03:59 AM

which third world country?

Blarg 05-26-2005 04:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Move overseas, preferably a 3rd world country with decent internet connections. For $400 a month you can have a house. For another $120/month you can have a maid/cook.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am about 90% sure i will be moving to Buenos Aires in August. $500ish includes maid. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Plus, you know, i hear they have some fine ladies down there (?)

[/ QUOTE ]

Why Buenos Aires? Do you speak Portuguese? Know people there? Or just always wanted to live there?

Blarg 05-26-2005 04:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Honestly, completely seroius, i kind a have a goal of saving up some $ and buying a sailboat.

I'd live on her, she would spent most of her time in harbor, with me on the deck in a easychair playin on laptop.

Bad beats would be met by me tiltin' my captains hat to the side and saying "arrr'"

I actually scouted seaworthy old wooden sailboats, and you can pick up a pretty sweet ride for like 50k...moorage for a year for a 35' or so runs like 1k/yr, at out of the way harbors.

(edited to improve embarrasingly poor grammar)

[/ QUOTE ]

A friend of mine said he had always wanted to do that. He loved sailing anyway, and it would be a dirt cheap way to live, in a great environment.

The only thing is, of course, you'll either have to also have or rent storage space elsewhere, or have next to no possessions.

Which isn't actually a bad way to live at all if you're really young and have no possessions, I suppose. But for someone who's not brand spanking new, it would mean a pretty drastic change from a regular lifestyle.

treeofwisdom7 05-26-2005 04:14 AM

dont think the bubble will burst for a long time

sahala 05-26-2005 05:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]

I am about 90% sure i will be moving to Buenos Aires in August. $500ish includes maid. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Plus, you know, i hear they have some fine ladies down there (?)

[/ QUOTE ]

I am full of hate.

Newt_Buggs 05-26-2005 05:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
dont think the bubble will burst for a long time

[/ QUOTE ]
lets hope so because I still have 2 more years before I even get out of school